2yr old: Paradise Beach or Chankanaab

mannyfreshest1979

Hi team -

We have a 2-yr old and will be stopping in Cozumel for the day (Carnival Freedom). I enjoy snorkeling and was leaning towards Chankanaab. Then yesterday I discovered Paradise Beach. So I'm curious which one would be better for our toddler? What are your thoughts?

Also, what are the options for booking Chankanaab "All-inclusive" (with open bar).

I see that Carnival excursion is $85/adult. Any cheaper options?

Either for your toddler - both offer beach and pool options - and Chank includes sea life shows, dolphins, etc. PB offers a HUGE pool and (IMHO) better facilities.

Only Chank will offer good snorkeling from the shore - but they also charge a $20/adult admission fee. PB only charges $3 each.

Either for your toddler - both offer beach and pool options - and Chank includes sea life shows, dolphins, etc. PB offers a HUGE pool and (IMHO) better facilities.

Only Chank will offer good snorkeling from the shore - but they also charge a $20/adult admission fee. PB only charges $3 each.

Thanks John.

Any recommendations on the food and drinks at Chankanaab?

The carnival all-inclusive excursion to Chankanaab is $84/person. We're not heavy eaters or drinkers, wondering if it's better to DIY this port?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Forums mobile app

I can’t help with Chank but PB is fabulous from our experiences. We have two kiddos who absolutely love it there. However, snorkeling is not very good at PB so if that is very important to your family I say it’s not a great choice. We’ve been to PB twice in the past few years and we are returning once again in a few weeks[emoji4].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can’t help with Chank but PB is fabulous from our experiences. We have two kiddos who absolutely love it there. However, snorkeling is not very good at PB so if that is very important to your family I say it’s not a great choice. We’ve been to PB twice in the past few years and we are returning once again in a few weeks[emoji4].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wondering if there's things to do at PB for 2yr olds? Ours likes the water but obviously not swimming entire time.

Sent from mobile app

Wondering if there's things to do at PB for 2yr olds? Ours likes the water but obviously not swimming entire time.

Sent from mobile app

My kids are older but we traveled last year with a few toddlers in our group. Swimming is definitely the main attraction at PB. There are water inflatables (and life jackets provided) as well as a gorgeous pool.

Sent from mobile app

We like PB for older families but it would not be my first choice with toddler - busy and loungers too close together for running around, IMO.

I would suggest looking at Playa Mia or day pass to Allegro for splashgrounds, Chankanaab, Park Royal day pass - for no transport options from International or Puerta Maya, or we have done Punta Morena for large beach with plenty of room to run, but transport is difficult.

Thanks John.

Any recommendations on the food and drinks at Chankanaab?

The carnival all-inclusive excursion to Chankanaab is $84/person. We're not heavy eaters or drinkers, wondering if it's better to DIY this port?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Forums mobile app

You can easily do Chank on your own. Taxi will be about $12 each way (fare covers up to 4 in the cab) and adult admission is about $20 each. Do pay as you go for food/drinks and enjoy the beach, small pool and snorkeling from the shore, etc. for much less than the cruise line would charge you.

Playa Mia, suggested above, would be a good option for your toddler (kiddie water park, etc.) but offers no good snorkeling from the shore. Taxi will be about $17 each way. Check their web site for various package deals.

Enjoy whatever you choose! :cool:

We took an 18-month-old to Chankanaab. There's a nice protected little lagoon with a small beach where he could splash and play. Snorkeling was a walk down the main beach. We rented the gear for about $10/person.

We did it completely on our own - it's easy and cheaper than an official excursion. Sometimes they have coupons on their website for a discount on the entry fee.

I enjoyed Paradise Beach A LOT, but I don't know if I'd bring small children. My older kids (8-12) will enjoy it, but, as was mentioned above, the loungers are so close together that it would be hard with a little one.

Both places are great, and each has pros and cons... but I question why you would pay for a Carnival excursion to go to Chank... it's a $15 taxi ride, and very easy to do on your own. Use the money you save for drinks :)

We like PB for older families but it would not be my first choice with toddler - busy and loungers too close together for running around, IMO.

I would suggest looking at Playa Mia or day pass to Allegro for splashgrounds, Chankanaab, Park Royal day pass - for no transport options from International or Puerta Maya, or we have done Punta Morena for large beach with plenty of room to run, but transport is difficult.

I can't find any info on park royale booking online or pricing. We wanted to go somewhere else but didn't know how to take our then 6 month old in a taxi and be safe...