RCI Shore Excursion from Cozumel to Xcaret. Is it worth it?

Carlos A.

A friend of mine has just taken this tour. He arrived in Cozumel in Oasis of the seas. The problem that he mentioned is that the stay at Xcaret park was less than 4 hours because Oasis was leaving Cozumel at 5:30. I will arrive at Harmony at 8:00 AM (ship time) and leave at 7:00 PM (Ship time). Do you think with this time span it's worth the tour and that I could spend more time in the park than 4 hours as it happened to my friend?

This is the tour:

Xcaret Shore Excursion

The trip involves a ferry from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen, and then a long bus ride to the site - you will likely spend more time coming and going than at the site. Only you can tell if it is worth it to you.

I know two couple that did this on a recent cruise on MSC, one enjoyed it very much and were happy they went and the other couple did not due to the travel time. Not sure that helps.

Thanks! I'm not sure if a 2 hours commute travel (two way) will be worth it for 4 hours of Xcaret park time...

We enjoyed Xcaret very much BUT we had a two-day pass and were staying at the resort next door!

I don’t think 4, or even 6 hours, would do the park justice - one of the main attractions is the evening show,which you couldn’t possibly attend, but would be paying for anyway. Many of the other activities are time-consuming (river floats/ boat ride) or require a wait for extra pay-for activities

If you had been before or were very focused on what you wanted to do, or see - maybe, but you couldn’t possibly do it all. Coupled with the travel I think it would be very tiring.