Bratislava Panoramic or Bratislava Walking Tour?

Mpc524

Going on Viking Danube Waltz soon and was wondering which of the above tours shows you more? While we aren’t a fan of quick bus drive by tours, this is one case where it seems we may actually see more on the Panoramic tour as it ends in a walking tour. Insights and experiences are appreciated! TYIA!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In Oct. 2015 we did the bus tour to the castle, then walked back down the hill through the town to the ship. Others took the bus back to the ship. If you are mobile, you will see more when taking the walk back to the ship.

I’d rather take a walk through old town then see the views from the castle. Nothing to really look at on the other side of the river and you can see the funky bridge from other places. But I like old towns. I don’t know what all is included in the two tours, But Bratislava has a a great pedestrian only Old Town.

You will see more on the Panoramic tour. The walking tour that is part of the panoramic focuses on the highlights of the old town. The only major site missed is the Dom sv Martina (coronation church). The old town is quite small and you would have time to see the church on your own in free time. If the weather is clear the view from the castle is beautiful.

Last fall we took the Panoramic Bus tour and when we arrived at the Castle, some folks went ahead and walked down from the Castle on their own. The bus then made a stop in the old town to allow folks to disembark w a viking guide for short walking tour of old town and then then walk back to ship. The bus then continued back to return the small "gentle walkers" directly to the ship.