Yet another reason to sail with Cunard...

Austcruiser84

I suspect many have already heard about it read similar stories about the Norwegian Cruise Liner stuck in the recent Atlantic storm:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/video-shows-hellish-scenes-on-board-norwegian-cruise-line-ship-as-it-hits-storm/news-story/be5a2220820843794f2afe3d16d67df5

By some of the photos, the storm looks no worse than what I found during my 2016 Jan TA on QM2. Lost the balcony divider door and the glass frontage on my balcony shattered, but otherwise the ship held up as designed. It got rough a day or two out of NYC.

Whatever possesses people to venture onto a cruise ship anywhere around the Atlantic at this time of year beats me. Would only ever sail on a real liner designed for that kind of weather.

Reading news articles about their adventure, I thought: I would never fear a 30 ft wave on the QM2. DH said there was a choppiness to consider and not just the wave height. Nonetheless, she (the QM2) gives me a marvelous feeling of safety…

Still, with all the predictions, one wonders why the Breakaway didn't choose the better part of valor?