Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Both cabins have interconnecting doors with other cabins. 11185 has a sofa bed whereas 11191 does not. We were in cabin 10166 on Magnifica (same size cabin, though without a connecting door). Also, 11191 has a larger balcony, though the view to the left will be more restricted (though not much between the 2 cabins) due to the proximity to the aft hump. You can check out the deck plans on the following link:

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-magnifica-technical-sheet.pdf

Here's a photo of cabin #10166

b2ab36998cc009deb9bb5835d71eb535.jpg

We had cabin #11105 on Orchestra (sister ship so similar cabin). The bed was separated into twins when we embarked. It made the cabin space feel much smaller and it was a very tight squeeze between the sofa and bed. Here's a photo of #11105 to illustrate:

6fbda53e800274a4d4e9fea5b30f23b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Edited by Beamafar

Are there any "bad"cabins on the Meravigliia in the YC ???

We are looking at deck 16

personally I would rate an inside as a bad cabin, but that is just me,

I can't really say that any of the YC cabins is bad, they are all a much of a muchness.

some will say that the view is inhibited on deck 16 by the bridge on deck 15 for cabins close to the bridge, but I find it very interesting to watch the officers carrying out their duties.

others will say that deck 18 cabins will get overhead noise but that was not my experience of cabin 18009

Hope this helps

pete

Looks like 14198 has a bed by the balcony and has the bunk bed sofa according to Cruisedeckplans

It looks like on that website every balcony room shows the bed by the balcony. I do not believe that is the case. I think they alternate.

Looks like 14198 has a bed by the balcony and has the bunk bed sofa according to Cruisedeckplans

It looks like on that website every balcony room shows the bed by the balcony. I do not believe that is the case. I think they alternate.

on Seaside now and they do alternate. If the bed is by the closet the room is bigger. If the bed is by the balcony, there is a bathtub.

Hi Bob ... Hope you are having a good cruise, we will be back on the 28th April in a B3 on 9 forward, had the chance of the same Aft suite again but chose to try another Aurea cabin due to the amount of rolling on the back.

Hi Bob ... Hope you are having a good cruise, we will be back on the 28th April in a B3 on 9 forward, had the chance of the same Aft suite again but chose to try another Aurea cabin due to the amount of rolling on the back.
Thanks Dave, except for the weather we are having a great cruise. We have met many gracious and ineresting people. We have toured most of the cabin categories. Hopefully we will have nice weather tomorrow and we can take advantage of deck 19. Bob

Triangles are bunk beds, Diamonds are Double sofa beds, it seems that not all of the cabins are marked up correctly on the deck plans. So far balcony cabins have bunk beds as do it seems the Insides and Outsides, Suites have the Double lower bed. Some YC appear to have the Double/Single sofa and a Pullman that drops from the ceiling.

Oh my GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! Pete, you are a cruiser's dream come true!! The time and effort and research you have put into this thread completely boggles my mind! The DH and I have decided that we are going to cruise on MSC Davina for the very first time on MSC in Jan 2019 for our 25th wedding anniversary. So I came here to CC to get more info. WOW. I just copied everything you have said in this thread about Davina, including pictures, to a word document for further study. I have OVER 70 PAGES!! I haven't yet resized pictures and I am sure it will be smaller after that but JEEZ!!! You are amazing and I am so very grateful to you!! Using this info, I plan to make a list of "Pete-favored cabins" vs. "Pete says NO". And only after we have studied it all will we book!!

I just think it's great that you would do this for virtual strangers for nothing more than a thank you. Allow me to say THANK YOU, Pete, in advance of the wonderful trip we will have, in no small part because of your sage advice. :hearteyes: I appreciate you so much!! You are a credit to Cruise Critic, and a major reason why this site is so great!

• 2 months later...

Hi Pete,

I have booked Divina for September and was assigned cabin 12014 Aurora deck. After finding this fantastic thread I could see that the balcony was the steel type:(. Contacted MSC and have now been assigned cabin 13025 Cupido deck. Hope I've made a better choice. Thanks for taking time to post all of this information.

Hi Pete,

I have booked Divina for September and was assigned cabin 12014 Aurora deck. After finding this fantastic thread I could see that the balcony was the steel type:(. Contacted MSC and have now been assigned cabin 13025 Cupido deck. Hope I've made a better choice. Thanks for taking time to post all of this information.

Far better choice

Plexiglass balcony

No overhang

Should be very little overhead noise as it is below the Spa

Pete

Hi Pete, haven't seen you for while. We are booked for the 2nd time on the Divina. This time in a Fantastica cabin (11150) for a 12 day cruise in November, going southern and western.

nice cabin

on the middle hump so as you area on deck 11 there should be no trouble from the overhang. very convenient for the lifts to the MDR.

enjoy your cruise

Hi Pete,

We are on Preziosa from 26/08/18 to 18/09/18 doing a 14 day cruise consisting of 7 days Baltics from Copenhagen then 7 days in the Norwegian Fjords then BNB with a 9 day cruise from Copenhagen to Barcelona via Belgium, Portugal and Spain.

When we booked we were unable to choose our cabin so ended up Guaranteed Fantastica Balcony. The allocation for the 14 day cruise came back as 9110 which is in the centre recess, plexiglass balcony I think but right by the Lift foyer so lots of foot traffic. I know that MSC say they don't change guaranteed cabins once they are allocated but I saw there was quite a lot of inventory vacant aft on Deck 9 for all 3 x 7 day cruises so my T/A has persuaded MSC Australia to send through a request to their Inventory section to see if they can find us an aft cabin all the way through.

I'm interested in your opinions of the allocated cabin 9110 against aft cabins 9273 and 9275? We have sailed on the top deck of Viking Star close to the bow (8112) in the Med, Aegean and Ionian in March 2016 so not worried about the motion of the ship at the stern.

Hi Pete,

We are on Preziosa from 26/08/18 to 18/09/18 doing a 14 day cruise consisting of 7 days Baltics from Copenhagen then 7 days in the Norwegian Fjords then BNB with a 9 day cruise from Copenhagen to Barcelona via Belgium, Portugal and Spain.

When we booked we were unable to choose our cabin so ended up Guaranteed Fantastica Balcony. The allocation for the 14 day cruise came back as 9110 which is in the centre recess, plexiglass balcony I think but right by the Lift foyer so lots of foot traffic. I know that MSC say they don't change guaranteed cabins once they are allocated but I saw there was quite a lot of inventory vacant aft on Deck 9 for all 3 x 7 day cruises so my T/A has persuaded MSC Australia to send through a request to their Inventory section to see if they can find us an aft cabin all the way through.

I'm interested in your opinions of the allocated cabin 9110 against aft cabins 9273 and 9275? We have sailed on the top deck of Viking Star close to the bow (8112) in the Med, Aegean and Ionian in March 2016 so not worried about the motion of the ship at the stern.

Personally I'd jump at an aft balcony, either of the two mentioned.

Although they have standard size balconies 42 sq ft., the same as 9110, and not the larger balconies that decks 10 and 11 have, they do have views in all directions, and no lifeboats when looking down. Whereas 9110 has life boats to look down on and less than 180 degree views , not by much as it is in the centre portion of the recess.

The one factor against the aft balconies is the long trek to the theatre, so if mobility is not an issue then go for one of the aft balconies.

Personally I'd jump at an aft balcony, either of the two mentioned.

Although they have standard size balconies 42 sq ft., the same as 9110, and not the larger balconies that decks 10 and 11 have, they do have views in all directions, and no lifeboats when looking down. Whereas 9110 has life boats to look down on and less than 180 degree views , not by much as it is in the centre portion of the recess.

The one factor against the aft balconies is the long trek to the theatre, so if mobility is not an issue then go for one of the aft balconies.

Thanks Pete,

Mobility is definitely NOT an issue - my partner does Half Marathon walks and I run 10km off road events despite us both being 60+!

Hopefully MSC will allow us to change as we are onboard for so many days and we may get assigned to the smaller, aft MDR.

Thanks again,

Elaine & Chris from New Zealand