Drink Coupon Books

ocbaylady

Just went to purchase the 18 coupon drink package for our Jan.2018 cruise on the Seaside and they are not listed now. They had been there the last time I checked. Do they only sell a limited amount? I am wondering if they will be available onboard. Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks

Just went to purchase the 18 coupon drink package for our Jan.2018 cruise on the Seaside and they are not listed now. They had been there the last time I checked. Do they only sell a limited amount? I am wondering if they will be available onboard. Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks

You can buy as many as you want and they do sell them on board.

Thanks

Same with me ocbaylady .....phoned MSC today and was told not available for our cruise in April on Seaside, so now wondering if they are not going to have them on the Seaside? Wonder if its only Seaside bookings where they are not showing up for?

Same with me ocbaylady .....phoned MSC today and was told not available for our cruise in April on Seaside, so now wondering if they are not going to have them on the Seaside? Wonder if its only Seaside bookings where they are not showing up for?

I've just checked and they're available on my March 2019 Divina booking.

They are not there for the 3/1718 Seaside cruise either. I wonder if they are just updating the info, or they are rolling out something new? Also, I wonder if this will impact the 12 vouchers that Fantasica passengers are suppose to receive?

I double checked and my non alcoholic drink coupons still show on my reservation but is now not listed on the list of available packages.

Really hope that is a good sign they will still be available

Our 12/23 sailing no longer has the coupon option for drink packages. Very odd because just 2 weeks ago when we booked that was an option. We bought the fantasica package so entitled to 12 vouchers each. We thought would buy one more 18 drink package to share between hubby and myself. I sure hope we can still do that when we get on the ship.

Anyone talk to a TA that specializes in MSC to see what the cruise lines intentions are with their drink package/programs?

I am surprised that they are not clarifying why they no longer available to purchase.:confused:;);p:cool:

Anyone talk to a TA that specializes in MSC to see what the cruise lines intentions are with their drink package/programs?

As of today, middle management believes it to just be an IT problem with the website. They are not aware of any intention to change the packages. That being said, MSC is not well known for relaying their decisions made in Naples, Italy (operational headquarters) to the folks in Florida in a timely fashion.

Bret

Bad News. clear.png?emoji-mad-1709 Per an internal memo dated October 16, 2017, the 18 Drink Voucher Program (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) has been canceled. Yep, you read it right. In their infinite wisdom, they have pulled it. Probably the best deal out there.

Additionally, the 7 Bottle House Wine Package for $91 has been canceled as well. The $160 one will remain in place. The coffee and water packages will remain as well as the all-you-can packages with the strict rules.

Will know more the next few days. If for some reason it is still showing on your sailing, GO BUY IT NOW before they realize they haven't pulled it.

Bret

If for some reason it is still showing on your sailing, GO BUY IT NOW before they realize they haven't pulled it.

Bret

What if vouchers aren't issued on the sailings for those who follow this advice? It's difficult getting refunds from MSC as it is without encouraging people to purchase something's that's been cancelled.

They will still be accepting vouchers onboard for those that have purchased and are showing in their reservation. As long as you can get it added to your reservation, the ship has no way of knowing when it was purchased. This has created a conundrum for my large group now. Many have already purchased but many were waiting to purchase. This means there are no longer any alcoholic beverage package options for individuals in a group. Group rules require that everyone in the group has to purchase the all-inclusive package or no one can.

I will personally be taking this much higher in the coming weeks. I'll let you guys know if I get anywhere.

Bret

What Im thinking (hoping) is that they are just updating it. Maybe our coupons will now be tied to our bracelets or cruise cards...that would be better. Carrying paper coupons is a little out dated. Or maybe they will roll out a new program...again, hoping. The 18 coupons was a great deal, so I hope (there's that word again) they don't abandon it completely.

This is a bummer if it turns out to be true that they are no longer offering the 18 drink vouchers.

We booked Fantasia level thinking we would just buy an 18 voucher when we got on board. No way do we drink enough to need a drink package but had I know that we couldn't buy the drink vouchers on board I would have book the lower tier and bought the drink package with it.

I sure hope the MSC customer service is fabulous when we board. This is kind of sketch how they aren't even telling their local customer service people of the change. We were told that it is just glitch when we called customer service last we week to ask about adding the vouchers to our room. If in fact they are not offering anymore - totally sketchy.

I know they are trying to lure cruisers from other cruise lines but they are gonna have to up their game tremendously on all fronts. This is our first MSC cruise and for us to leave our other favorite cruise lines (NCL, Disney, Princess) for good or even for another cruise they have to be on par with those other 3.

This is a bummer if it turns out to be true that they are no longer offering the 18 drink vouchers.

We booked Fantasia level thinking we would just buy an 18 voucher when we got on board. No way do we drink enough to need a drink package but had I know that we couldn't buy the drink vouchers on board I would have book the lower tier and bought the drink package with it.

Than I thought well my husband can give me his drink (Fantasia) vouchers and he can get the drink package but found out nope all of us in cabin need the drink package. :rolleyes:

I sure hope the MSC customer service is fabulous when we board. This is kind of sketch how they aren't even telling their local customer service people of the change. We were told that it is just glitch when we called customer service last we week to ask about adding the vouchers to our room. If in fact they are not offering anymore - totally sketchy.

I know they are trying to lure cruisers from other cruise lines but they are gonna have to up their game tremendously on all fronts. This is our first MSC cruise and for us to leave our other favorite cruise lines (NCL, Disney, Princess) for good or even for another cruise they have to be on par with those other 3.