Hotel Pre-cruise Tampa

Hendy59

We stayed at the LaQuinta last November. The location of our room caused us to have to walk across the parking lot to get to our room and drag our luggage up the stairs as there is no elevator. Breakfast is basic, but good. The I-Hop is right next door. All in all, we enjoyed our one night stay and would stay again.

We stayed at the Chase Suites Rocky Point a while back and enjoyed it. Nice hotel and nice area - several other hotels nearby, so shop around. Airport and port shuttles are usually part of the package, or you may be able to Uber faster and cheaper.

• 1 month later...

As a follow-up to my post regarding LaQuinta Tampa Bay Airport, which we booked, I have to say the shuttle from the airport was good but we arrived at the hotel at 1:00 am and all they had left were smoking rooms. The stench was terrible. I didn't realize that hotels still had smoking rooms and when I booked the room the standard choice is non-smoking and I know I would not change his option. Needless to say, I could not wait to get out of there and will never stay there again.

Has anyone stayed at either LaQuinta Tampa Airport or Chase Suites? Look for a hotel the night before our cruise. Also going to look at Holiday Inn.

Thank you.

Trip Advisor gave each hotel 3.5 out of 5 stars. I'm sure there are better hotels for the same price