Usage of UBER drivers at terminal

Donh44

I am curious as to how to use an UBER service a upon debarkation? How in the world will a UBER driver find you with all of those people outside of the terminal. I can understand how easy it would be when going out on the cruise initially, but not upon return. Anyone experience it?

I've used Uber upon debarkation in Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and New York City. First off on the app it will tell you the make/model and license plate of the car that is picking you up, so you know what to look for. It also has a contact the driver option where you can call/text him/her to let them know exactly where you are standing and what you are wearing to help them find you.

They don’t find you, you look for them and wave them down. Like a previous poster pointed out, the app gives you the make, model, and plate number; then you can track where your driver is on the map. Quite easy.

I too have used Uber and the driver called us as he was approaching the area and we told him exactly where we were standing what was around us, and what we looked like... he found us no issues.

Of course, the best option is to try to separate yourself from the hoards as much as possible and find a clearly visible thing to standby.

We were in Miami for disembarkation with 6 ships in port. Terminals were very congested, but we called Lyft & told the driver what terminal to stop at & the terminals are also numbered. Example: Terminal G between 9 & 10. As others have commented about car model & license number, we had no issues with the driver finding us. I don't think we waited more than 5 minutes for him to get to us.

Like others, I use Uber exclusively. It's just like when they pick you up at an airport, a ballgame, a concert, etc. You look for their car and flag them down. A lot of times they'll call you to ask where you are/what you're wearing.

It's both ways.

You can put your photo on your profile.

You will also know their license plate number.

Keith

Yes easy to put your photo on your profile.....Usually in addition to all the driver info we have also gotten a picture of the driver too.