Port of Miami to FLL

RunningGirlNL

We booked a private vehicle with Larry’s Limo. It was the same price as the cruise line transfers and we rode in a stretch limo. You might have to take two I ears for four people and that would run around $35-40 per vehicle pre tip. Shuttles run around $15 pp and Larry’s was around $120 for four, but hassle free!

There will be a line of taxis waiting - for 4 plus bags, especially if anyone packs like my wife, you'll need a minivan/SUV taxi, but the fare is the same as a standard cab -- about $70+ from POM to FLL. UberXL will be about the same fare, usually with a wait of about 5 min for your car to arrive.

For shared shuttles you are better off booking ahead - SAs, QLS, MJS and Go Airport are often suggested on this board.

How are you getting from FLL to POM pre-cruise? :confused:

Our flight leaves at 1:30, so we have lots of time but plan to self disembark just to be on the safe side.

And we’re flying into Miami, but got a better deal on flights coming home from FLL.

Any idea of the cost of the shuttle Service?

Thanks for the input!

How long does it take to get frpm Port of Miami to FLL? What time do the shared shuttles start? Our kids(3 adults ) may need to get there by 930. Is this doable?

Doug

Depending upon the day of the week and traffic, the ride from POM to FLL takes about 45-60+ min.

Arriving at FLL by 9:30 means off the ship, with bags (carry them), and clear of customs/immigration by 8:30 with transportation reserved. Make sure the shuttle you reserve can accommodate that departure time, or use a taxi (about $70+) or squeeze into a standard Lyft or UberX (about $35).

You don't need to self-disembark to be safe. 1:30 is a late flight which would give you plenty of time even if you were the last person off the ship.

tot

Totally agree. You DON'T want to self disembark with that late of flight. No need. The people doing that are in a big hurry and stand in line in the early a.m. to hustle to their destination. Avoid their stress, and enjoy the ship for as long as you can. ;)

tot

Totally agree. You DON'T want to self disembark with that late flight. No need. The people doing that are in a big hurry and stand in line in the early a.m. to hustle to their destination. Avoid their stress, and enjoy the ship for as long as you can. ;)

Self-disembarkation is most definitely not stressful. I live locally and always self-disembark because it's notably far less stressful. I don't go get in line, I walk down 15 minutes after it starts. Walk off the ship with no line, no looking for bags, walk right to customs and out the door. I don't have to stand in any lines at all at any point, which is nice. And I'm not leaving when all the new cruisers are arriving and dealing with that mess, either.

Self-disembarkation is most definitely not stressful. I live locally and always self-disembark because it's notably far less stressful

Ha... We did it once and hated it. Guess we just had a bad morning. People were not nice.

Still...knowing FLL, I'd surely choose more time on board the ship over sitting extra hours sitting there on a cruise day.

Ha... We did it once and hated it. Guess we just had a bad morning. People were not nice.

Still...knowing FLL, I'd surely choose more time on board the ship over sitting extra hours sitting there on a cruise day.

Depends. Sometimes get stuck waiting in a lounge or whatever to get kicked off the ship. Then the lines and all that nonsense. I'd probably self disembark early, drop bags at the airport and grab an Uber somewhere for a relaxed breakfast just to kill time. But who knows, I have never flown to a cruise.

How long does it take to get frpm Port of Miami to FLL? What time do the shared shuttles start? Our kids(3 adults ) may need to get there by 930. Is this doable?

Doug

On a Monday morning it took us one hour. We were in some commute traffic, but our driver drive in an express lane for some of the trip. We did self-assist walk off, leaving the ship at 7:35, out on the pavement by 8:00. Had to wait until 8:30 for our ride to pick us up (our pre-scheduled time) and were on our way to Ft Lauderdale, arriving at exactly 9:30.

We used Jiffy Jeff Transportation to drive our group of 10 from a Ft Lauderdale hotel to the Port of Miami. They were wonderful--best van service we've ever used. Great (seriously, awesome!!) communication! Comfortable ride. Reliable. Highly recommended!

Looking for recommendation for round trip private service from FLL to POM. Leave on a Thursday return on Monday. Our return flight out of FLL is at 11;45. Is that doable? If so what would the estimated cost be? Appreciate any all suggestion. Thanks...

For private service between FLL and POM Larry's Limos is often suggested; for less money you can user UberX - about $35+ each way, with a car sized for 2-3 plus normal bags.

The ride from POM to FLL will take about an hour. For an 11:45 flight you need to be at FLL not later than about 10:15, and 9:45 is better as TSA at FLL can be chaos. That translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by about 8:30. Carry your bags off and use your cell phone to contact your driver or request an Uber and you should be okay.

I'd be more comfortable with a flight leaving at 12:30 or later, but it's your call.

;)

Looking for recommendation for round trip private service from FLL to POM. Leave on a Thursday return on Monday. Our return flight out of FLL is at 11;45. Is that doable? If so what would the estimated cost be? Appreciate any all suggestion. Thanks...

We were very pleased with Larry’s Limos. They were extremely prompt.