Civitavecchia cab service

MONKEY20

That's strange. We used them successfully twice in April and May and for 3 days in a row now I've been in daily contact with them arranging a trip next April.

Try this email:web@civitavecchiacabservice.com

We just used them last month for a private transfer from the port to Rome. They were great -- early, waiting for us and a clean, new van, very comfortable personable driver. Reasonable price.

We booked directly on their website, Civitavecchiacabservice.com, by filling out the online form with the type of transfer, date, time, etc, and received a voucher confirmation via email with 24 hours. They offer private and shared transfers. You pay the driver at your destination.

• 2 years later...
Anyone used Civitavecchia cab service for airport transfer?

I strongly recommend that people stay away from this company. I booked a shared shuttle with them to pick us up at the Rome airport and take use to the cruise port in Civitavecchia. They never showed up. They didn't answer answer of their phone calls. They never contacted us. They were supposed to pick us up on August 15 but left us stranded at the Rome airport. We ended up taking the train.

Hi

I've just been looking at booking a transfer from the Airport (FCO) to Civitavecchia, and I've found that shared shuttles are only available until around 12.30/1pm, so if you have a flight arriving after 12 noon, you have to pay for a private taxi!!

We are flying with KLM and they were recommending companies on their website for transfers. I use a mobility scooter, so they charge me for extra luggage for bringing this with me, but I've just booked with a company called Airport Shuttle Italy www.airportshuttleitaly.it which priced a Mercedes Van for 110.04 Euros (I think it is big enough to take 5 persons with 5 pieces of luggage)

Hi

which priced a Mercedes Van for 110.04 Euros (I think it is big enough to take 5 persons with 5 pieces of luggage)

I do not know which model of Mercedes Van we were transported from FCO to Civitavecchia hotel but there was enough room for 8 of us ( plus the driver) and our luggage.

There were 3 rows of bench seats - each row has room and seat belts for 3 persons.

There was enough room in the back ( behind the last seat) for all of our luggage - 8 med. size and 8 carry on. The van did not look that big but had a lot of room inside. The van that transported us back to FCO after the cruise was made by Opel and also we had enough room for 8 of us and the luggage. We were charged 150 euros each way.

Different companies charge different prices - one of the tour/transfer company that is often recommended on this forum wanted 250 euros each way for the same service - I did not hire them. I got 3 or 4 quotes, read all that I could find about the companies and hired one that met our needs. We had a great service and paid what I thought was a reasonable price.

Edited by wieslaw

• 2 weeks later...

I used Civitavecchia Cab Service from Ciampino to the ship and then, on return, from the ship to our hotel. They were on time (early even) and very reliable. They were also the least expensive alternative. While I didn't really like sharing a transfer, the inconvenience was definitely worth the reduced price. I would recommend them and I'm sorry other posters have had unpleasant experiences with them.

I used Civitavecchia Cab Service from Ciampino to the ship and then, on return, from the ship to our hotel. They were on time (early even) and very reliable. They were also the least expensive alternative. While I didn't really like sharing a transfer, the inconvenience was definitely worth the reduced price. I would recommend them and I'm sorry other posters have had unpleasant experiences with them.

Yes, I had such an unpleasant experience with them that I am unlikely to ever take a cruise that departs out of Rome again. In fact. how can we trust anyone to pick us up at Rome in the future? One burned, twice shy. Other airports have easy, convenient, and quick public transportation to their cruise ports. Rome does not.

Yes, I had such an unpleasant experience with them that I am unlikely to ever take a cruise that departs out of Rome again. In fact. how can we trust anyone to pick us up at Rome in the future? One burned, twice shy. Other airports have easy, convenient, and quick public transportation to their cruise ports. Rome does not.

Sorry you had problems. But we do not find FCO any more difficult then lots of other airports around the world. One can always just grab a taxi (they are reliable....but a bit pricey). Uber is another option. It is also possible (but a royal pain) to get from the airport to Civitavecchia via the train (you will have to make 1 change) but we do not recommend the train because its a pain with luggage and takes a long time. And you still need to get from the Civitavecchia train station to your ship.

But there are many excellent transfer companies in Rome....quite a few of which have been recommended here on CC. Our personal favorite is Romecabs (Romecabs.com) but there are plenty of others.

Hank

Sorry you had problems. But we do not find FCO any more difficult then lots of other airports around the world. One can always just grab a taxi (they are reliable....but a bit pricey). Uber is another option. It is also possible (but a royal pain) to get from the airport to Civitavecchia via the train (you will have to make 1 change) but we do not recommend the train because its a pain with luggage and takes a long time. And you still need to get from the Civitavecchia train station to your ship.

But there are many excellent transfer companies in Rome....quite a few of which have been recommended here on CC. Our personal favorite is Romecabs (Romecabs.com) but there are plenty of others.

Hank

I should have booked Romecabs but wanted to save money and did not want to prepay. I suppose I could have taken a taxi but at that point (a no show on a reserved pick up service), I was distrustful of everyone in Rome! I think Venice, Barcelona, and Stockholm were much simpler and cheaper to get to the cruise port than Rome. For me, it's all about saving money.

I should have booked Romecabs but wanted to save money and did not want to prepay. I suppose I could have taken a taxi but at that point (a no show on a reserved pick up service), I was distrustful of everyone in Rome! I think Venice, Barcelona, and Stockholm were much simpler and cheaper to get to the cruise port than Rome. For me, it's all about saving money.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience in FCO with the transfer company - I think I would be very upset and distrustful as well.

But not all of the transfer companies do business in such a poor way.

I also wanted to save money or pay a fair price ( what I think is fair). I did spent some time checking prices and reading reviews both on CC and tripadvisor.

I found a company that does not seem to be so popular on the CC ( very few comments) but has just about 99.9 % excellent reviews on the tripadvisor. They did not want my credit card, were very quick in responding with booking information, quickly answered all of my questions , and their charge for transporting 8 of us ( all adults) from FCO to Civitavecchia was 150 euros ( that was 50 less that romecabs wanted and 100 less then romeinlimo was asking - both are very popular on this board). So there are some trustworthy companies in Rome that will provide an excellent service and charge a fair price.

We have used them twice with no problems at all. Used a shared shuttle from Rome airport to our hotel which was an amazing €25, then our own vehicle from our hotel to Civvi port. Great vehicle, picked us up first then friends from another hotel.

All communication was prompt and very helpful. We changed the time of pick up for our port transfer with no problems.

• 4 weeks later...

We used Civitavecchia Cab Servicefor for our transfer from our ship to our hotel in Rome w/o problems except that the driver claimed incorrectly that our hotel was located on a street that was too narrow to drive down so he dropped us off at a corner about 100 feet from the hotel.

However our trip from the hotel to the airport was a different story. He was supposed to pick us up at 8:00 AM. Our hotel desk clerk called 3 times to ask when he was coming and each time she called them they said that he would be there in 3 minutes. .By 8:30, we told them to forget it and took a cab which got to the hotel in less than 1 minute to pick us up.

BTW - Civitavecchia was going to charge the 2 of us 31 E for a shared trip to the airport. The cab which was not shared was a fixed price of 48 E. The small difference of only 17 E was hardly worth bothering with a shared ride and if there were 3 of us, the cab would have actually been cheaper.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

I do not know which model of Mercedes Van we were transported from FCO to Civitavecchia hotel but there was enough room for 8 of us ( plus the driver) and our luggage.

There were 3 rows of bench seats - each row has room and seat belts for 3 persons.

There was enough room in the back ( behind the last seat) for all of our luggage - 8 med. size and 8 carry on. The van did not look that big but had a lot of room inside. The van that transported us back to FCO after the cruise was made by Opel and also we had enough room for 8 of us and the luggage. We were charged 150 euros each way.

Different companies charge different prices - one of the tour/transfer company that is often recommended on this forum wanted 250 euros each way for the same service - I did not hire them. I got 3 or 4 quotes, read all that I could find about the companies and hired one that met our needs. We had a great service and paid what I thought was a reasonable price.

Hi wieslaw,

I will be taking a cruise ending in Civitavecchia and I have a 12 noon flight to catch after the cruise. Do you mind sharing which shuttle service you used for your transfer from Civitavecchia port to FCO airport. Thanks. :)

Hi wieslaw,

I will be taking a cruise ending in Civitavecchia and I have a 12 noon flight to catch after the cruise. Do you mind sharing which shuttle service you used for your transfer from Civitavecchia port to FCO airport. Thanks. :)

Hi Luan Yee,

We were very happy with our choice of the transfer company. Every thing was just perfect. Very quick response with email, the price that I liked, new vehicles, friendly, professional drivers.

Here is a link to their reviews on Trip advisor ( take a look what others write about them)

and a link to their web site.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187791-d2370877-Reviews-Antonio_Cagnoli_and_Son_Day_Tours-Rome_Lazio.html

Enjoy your cruise

http://www.civitavecchiatransferlimo.com/index.html

Hi Luan Yee,

We were very happy with our choice of the transfer company. Every thing was just perfect. Very quick response with email, the price that I liked, new vehicles, friendly, professional drivers.

Here is a link to their reviews on Trip advisor ( take a look what others write about them)

and a link to their web site.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187791-d2370877-Reviews-Antonio_Cagnoli_and_Son_Day_Tours-Rome_Lazio.html

Enjoy your cruise

http://www.civitavecchiatransferlimo.com/index.html

Thank you wieslaw.