Venice Boat Tour

monkeyinhat

I would like to know if in Venice they have boat tours for the waterways, not gondolas. like this: http://www.viator.com/tours/Venice/Venice-Grand-Canal-Boat-Tour/d522-2635VENCAN

I am afraid to book this as the port time cuts close. Just curious if there are any walk up kiosks or tours available around the city I have searched and have not seen any . I have a feeling private water taxis would be too expensive

I would love to have a guided tour to tell us history etc. Our back up plan is to ride Vaporettos all around and look, and do a gondola. but would prefer to have a guided tour to tell us history etc

any info appreciated

If you go to Piazzale Roma from your ship, then hop on the #1 Vaporetto, Rick Steves has a self-tour listed that corresponds with the vaporetto's path up the Grand Canal to St. Marks. There are pictures of the "key" sites and info about them. This is in his "Venice" guidebook -- very inexpensive on amazon.com

I believe I may have read that he has a downloadable mp3 tour of this as well, if you preferred to listen to commentary rather than read it.

Archived