Volendam C-E cabin?

Scubachick84

We have been in a DA cabin on the Volendam which was mid-ship on Main deck and it was lovely. We have taken the exact same cabin for a cruise on the Volendam again in March. I think some of the C and D cabins are a deck higher than the main deck on the lower promenade deck - they have a window but look out onto the promenade walkway which goes around the ship so you have people walking past your cabin window. You may want to check on that if it is an issue for you.

We had a DA cabin on the Main Deck of the Volendam just two months ago and were very happy with it. I prefer that to one with a window on the Lower Promenade Deck as I love to be able to look straight out on the ocean or any other scenery or shipping we are passing by.

Ozcruizer

We have been in a DA cabin on the Volendam which was mid-ship on Main deck and it was lovely. We have taken the exact same cabin for a cruise on the Volendam again in March. I think some of the C and D cabins are a deck higher than the main deck on the lower promenade deck - they have a window but look out onto the promenade walkway which goes around the ship so you have people walking past your cabin window. You may want to check on that if it is an issue for you.

C cabins have the advantage of having easy access to the largest and most sheltered outside observation area on the ship, otherwise known as the Lower Promenade. The window is not really a disadvantage as they are treated so that passers-by can't see in during daylight hours (unless they press their noses to the window). At night, pull your drapes and you have complete privacy. D&E cabins are usually slightly larger than Cs. I have sailed in C and D cabins and would choose either over an inside cabin if the price was the same.

Archived