Handicap Cabins on Carnival

dndcruisers

Hello - Does anyone have some first hand knowledge on the Handicap Cabins on Carnival??? I booked what I was told a Handicap cabin on the Freedom and now I find out it is a" partial" handicap not a "true"handicap......YIKES - my DH uses a wheelchair and I am afraid I have booked the wrong cabin. Anyone have any insight on this....what is the difference ????????? :confused: Thankyou,

Donna

I would suggest you or your TA call Carnival and ask them to explain the difference to you On a new ship like Freedom, I would expect them to all be fully accessible but maybe they are not. They may be ok for someone in a wheelchair or scooter but not equipped for hard of hearing or blindness. On some of the older ships "partial" can mean a cabin that has been modified, but still has a lip up in to the bathroom or a cabin door that is not wide enough for a large wheelchair or scooter:) :)

I haven't been on Freedom before; however, I have been on Carnival Paradise twice. First cruise, I was in a fullly accessible cabin, U243, and 2nd time, partial-accessible cabin, E69. With E69, the cabin door was smaller, but my wheelchair, TDX3, could fit in it prefectly fine. The bathroom was a regular size bathroom with hand rails by the toliet, and in the shower with a roll in shower. E69 was no problem with me because I crawled into the bathroom when I take a shower and use the bathroom.. It seems like the room was bigger than U243. the beds were in a L shape...

Archived