Credit card travel insurance changes

Seems I am about to test out how good my QBE/Allianz travel insurance ANZ policy is.

Diagnosed with blood clot in leg today so my USA/Canada trip is off. Was due to fly next Sunday.

Not happy Jan, but it could have been much worse, happening on the plane or in USA.:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

Makes me think about being diagnosed with a,major illness 2 months after a trip. Definitely wish you well.

• 3 weeks later...
thanks will certainly post how the claim goes.

As promised an update on my travel insurance claim.

Background - using my ANZ credit card insurance paid extra for pre existing cover, all done prior to the change over from QBE to Allianz as underwriters.

Developed a blood clot just before my trip to USA so had to cancel.

Advised insurance company, had to wait for travel company to suppy paperwork.

Lodged the claim Wednesday last week, verbal confirmation claim approved Monday this week, today received email confirming $$ transfered to my bank.

Don't know if their efficiency is related to the terrible publicity Allianz is receiving at the moment, but I am one very happy customer.

Sadly QBE are no longer underwriters and Allianz will not cover me for my pre exisitng, which will be even harder now that I have had to make a claim, but I am not giving up yet!!

I won't be flying anywhere in the near future which will give me time to research the other companies. Also CBA are changing from Allianz to covermore - zurich on 1 October.

I am guessing the banks and insurance companies have a tender arrangement.

As promised an update on my travel insurance claim.

Background - using my ANZ credit card insurance paid extra for pre existing cover, all done prior to the change over from QBE to Allianz as underwriters.

Developed a blood clot just before my trip to USA so had to cancel.

Advised insurance company, had to wait for travel company to suppy paperwork.

Lodged the claim Wednesday last week, verbal confirmation claim approved Monday this week, today received email confirming $$ transfered to my bank.

Don't know if their efficiency is related to the terrible publicity Allianz is receiving at the moment, but I am one very happy customer.

Sadly QBE are no longer underwriters and Allianz will not cover me for my pre exisitng, which will be even harder now that I have had to make a claim, but I am not giving up yet!!

I won't be flying anywhere in the near future which will give me time to research the other companies. Also CBA are changing from Allianz to covermore - zurich on 1 October.

I am guessing the banks and insurance companies have a tender arrangement.

Well done re the claim. Yes Allianz is wobbly, knocked me back for cover on my ANZ Qantas FF Platinum Card, cruise and land travel to Hawaii due to heart - Atrial Fibrilliation. I went with NRMA - Covermore. The banks must have done a real good deal with Allianz.

QBE were good, Allianz are rubbish.:evilsmile: I trust you will break out the bubbly this arvo. Enjoy !!

Thanks Uncle Les.

I do not drink alcohol so no bubbly but certainly celebrating. Knowing QBE would cover me and Allianz wouldnt made us quickly book the trip prior to the change over. Any approved pre existings prior to change over date Allianz had to honour. I am waiting to see what covermore zurich are like.

The PDF for the new insurance is up on the CBA website.

This is the insurance we use so were interested to check the new conditions.

https://www.commbank.com.au/latest/changes-insurances-included.html

Thanks for the link, it will will be interesting to see how benevolent they are with upgrades for existing conditions, i.e. heart and if accepted premium payable.:rolleyes:

I Might have to change banks. :cool: