Heathrow arrival

seacruiser123

A good car service should be there when the plane lands and waiting for you when you come out of the arrival hall.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

I know I was grateful in 2014 when my car service waited for my husband and I in 2014 when immigration took ages, even when using the supposed "fast lane immigration".

Thanks again Mr L.....:D.

I know I was grateful in 2014 when my car service waited for my husband and I in 2014 when immigration took ages, even when using the supposed "fast lane immigration".

Thanks again Mr L.....:D.

Last week I commented to DW that I think the “slow” lane is actually faster than the fast lane. It did speed up when they opened up more booths. We used Blackberry and the guy was waiting as we came out even though we arrived early.

Unfortunately ab21au they never opened up any more booths for us. Luckily our friend was there to pick us up. It made me realise in the future to make sure I always had the driver's or company's contact details in case we needed to let them know what the delay was. The plane landed on time so there was no obvious reason for us getting out so late.

Julie

Lot's of variables here.

Are you arriving in a premium class cabin the will afford you a "Fast Pass", if so that may be quicker....then again, sometimes it's busy as the premium class cabins have gotten larger. It's not so fast if everyone gets a fast pass.

Are you registered in the UK's frequent visitor program, like the USA's global entry? If so, then you may be able to use the kiosks.

What passport do you hold?

I'd give it anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours. Your driver should be well used to this. I'd assume there is a dispatcher you would text the then sends a driver when you are clearing customs?

Have your landing card pre-filled out.

Mornings tend to be busier....then the crowds taper off from 11 am...

Unfortunately there are so many variables here.

1. Where is your arrival gate and how long does it take to get from the gate to immigration. It is a lot slower to get from T5C than from gates in the main T5.

2. Do you have fast track? Has the fast track immigration officer remembered his stamp? Happened to my wife who was sent to the back of the slow lane queue because he had forgotten it (written complaint by me to Border Force on that one).

3. What other flights have arrived at the same time as you? If you are behind the flight from Nigeria then it could be slow.

4. Do you have a 'jobsworth' immigration officer. Happened to me and I was arriving on a UK passport. The UK queue was moving slower than the 'others' because the officer was on an ego trip.

5. How many booths are open? Are they understaffed?

6. How long will it take for bags to arrive. This one can be a lottery.

The good news is that 1) normally it is okay and you will get through without any problem and 2) a driver who knows how Heathrow works will make allowances for possible delays.

Arrived at Heathrow T5 twice this summer on international flights. First flight landed mid-morning. The FastTrack line took over an hour. Second flight landed early evening. FastTrack took 5 minutes. Transit from gate to customs was 5-10 minutes. Luggage was immediately available for both flights.

We used BA Transfer and were very happy.

Hi all, thank you for all your wonderful input & thoughtful questions...First, arriving from the US on Virgin, economy (so no fast track) and I believe Terminal 3. And the reason we asked is our flight landed and while we were still on the bus, the company called, stating they were waiting..it took over 60 mins just to go through passport control...they called us again to say this was an issue & would cost us a lot extra. In fact, they made us stop at an a ATM so we could withdraw the extra $ or rather pounds sterling to pay them. It was rather uncomfortable and has only happened to us in the UK. In other places, the drivers make allowances for airport delays [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums