MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Hi all

I am planning on posting live from the Majestic Princess for its voyage to Australia.

We fly out early tomorrow morning, overnight in Shanghai and board the Majestic Friday morning.

Hoping to be be able to answer any questions for those that have upcoming cruises or are thinking about booking. I already have a list haha!!

We have had a fabulous Rollcall, have a Meet n Greet first seaday, a Sailaway get together and a Cabin Crawl organised.

Hoping to post some photos depending on internet etc

Ports of call are

Shanghai

Busan

Hong Kong

Nha Trang

Vung Tau

Singapore

Darwin

Brisbane

Sydney

Finger crossed our flight isnt delayed and we make our connection in Sydney tomorrow:cool:

I’m looking forward to your posts. I’ll be on the following cruise to yours to Fiji and am getting very excited. I’m also booked on the same repositioning cruise although not til next year , so will be interested how the change over goes from Chinese market to Australian. Have a great cruise [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all

I am planning on posting live from the Majestic Princess for its voyage to Australia.

We fly out early tomorrow morning, overnight in Shanghai and board the Majestic Friday morning.

Hoping to be be able to answer any questions for those that have upcoming cruises or are thinking about booking. I already have a list haha!!

We have had a fabulous Rollcall, have a Meet n Greet first seaday, a Sailaway get together and a Cabin Crawl organised.

Ports of call are

Shanghai

Busan

Hong Kong

Nha Trang

Vung Tau

Singapore

Darwin

Brisbane

Sydney

Finger crossed our flight isnt delayed and we make our connection in Sydney tomorrow:cool:

Glad you had a fabulous roll call, which added to the excitement of planning your cruise. Thanks for itinerary. It will be interesting to see what the changes are between the Asian and Australian portions of the cruise. Bon Voyage!

Glad you had a fabulous roll call, which added to the excitement of planning your cruise. Thanks for itinerary. It will be interesting to see what the changes are between the Asian and Australian portions of the cruise. Bon Voyage!

Bon Voyage.

Looking forward to hearing all about the Majestic Princess as we have 25 days booked!

Have a great cruise CheznAndy. As you know I will following your exploits with a lot of interest as I have got a great bunch for our Meet & Greet on the cruise from Sydney on the 15th Sept. Love the know the name of the Captain and Cruise Director ASAP so that I can invite them to the M & G.

Thanks

Hi all

Ports of call are

Shanghai

Busan

Hong Kong

Nha Trang

Vung Tau

Singapore

Darwin

Brisbane

Sydney

Hope the first ever down under voyage for the MP is a great success. Will be looking forward to all the reports that are posted re the positive points and hopefully limited negative points.We are joining her in Brisbane on 13/9 and sailing on the Sydney-Fiji voyage on the 15th. Looking forward with interest to getting some prior knowledge from those on this initial voyage. Many thanks in advance and hopefully you will be able to find time to reply to any queries but not at the expense of your own enjoyment.(y)(y)

Have a great trip and bon voyage.

Thanks cheznandy...we will be looking forward to any bits of info on the ship, while you are on your voyage...we wish you a lovely cruise and lots of fun!

..... we are with Sailaway John on the cruise after yours.....very excited!

cheers:):)

S&D

Look forward to the posts, have a great trip. We will be on the Majestic in November. Have just read a post under the Princess thread where the poster has said that the VIP gaming lounge is being turned into Crooners Piano Bar, the photos of the bar look good.

Have a wonderful trip:):):):):)

We have arrived in Shanghai, what a day we had!!

Had a huge day of delayed flights from our home town to Sydney.

The seats we had chosen for the Syd to Shanghai leg 6 months ago didnt exist as they changed to a smaller plane and we were sat in the middle of a row of 4, yep, never want to do that again. ( the staff on the plane credited some of us FFlyers 5000 points each as they felt bad that people hadnt got their booked seat)

A full Qantas flight with 80% cruising on the Majestic Princess, they even made an announcement as we were disembarking to wish us all a great cruise, a great way to start.........then we got to the 144hr Visa Waiver line, 200 people all wanting it.

No joke, we stood in that line for over an hour and a half.

A heads up for anyone doing the Visa waiver, have all your paperwork ready, lots didnt have stuff printed out, hey some even thought you didnt need a Visa for China.

Our flight arrived at 6.30pm, we finally got to our hotel at 9.30pm and we are staying near the airport!

We are at The Qube Hotel Pudong, chosen as we had no time for sightseeing this visit, $100 AUD, free Wifi, upgraded and 19th floor, looks like good views, will see better in the morning.

Ordered a light snack from room service and one of us is already asleep.

There is a shopping mall across the road and Starbucks and Mcdonalds on the premises.

Transfer in the morning at 11am to Wusongkou cruise port, sharing with a couple of guys from our Rollcall who are staying out here near the airport as well.

Taxi from the airport to this hotel was only about $10 AUD.

Ok, tomorrow is the big day, hoping we are refreshed and ready to go!

I won't individually quote posts but will answer what i can as we go.

I

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

We have arrived in Shanghai, what a day we had!!

Had a huge day of delayed flights from our home town to Sydney.

The seats we had chosen for the Syd to Shanghai leg 6 months ago didnt exist as they changed to a smaller plane and we were sat in the middle of a row of 4, yep, never want to do that again. ( the staff on the plane credited some of us FFlyers 5000 points each as they felt bad that people hadnt got their booked seat)

A full Qantas flight with 80% cruising on the Majestic Princess, they even made an announcement as we were disembarking to wish us all a great cruise, a great way to start.........then we got to the 144hr Visa Waiver line, 200 people all wanting it.

No joke, we stood in that line for over an hour and a half.

A heads up for anyone doing the Visa waiver, have all your paperwork ready, lots didnt have stuff printed out, hey some even thought you didnt need a Visa for China.

Our flight arrived at 6.30pm, we finally got to our hotel at 9.30pm and we are staying near the airport!

We are at The Qube Hotel Pudong, chosen as we had no time for sightseeing this visit, $100 AUD, free Wifi, upgraded and 19th floor, looks like good views, will see better in the morning.

Ordered a light snack from room service and one of us is already asleep.

There is a shopping mall across the road and Starbucks and Mcdonalds on the premises.

Transfer in the morning at 11am to Wusongkou cruise port, sharing with a couple of guys from our Rollcall who are staying out here near the airport as well.

Taxi from the airport to this hotel was only about $10 AUD.

Ok, tomorrow is the big day, hoping we are refreshed and ready to go!

I won't individually quote posts but will answer what i can as we go.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk[/quote

Sounds like you endured a long day! What a way to start a cruise - middle seats of a row of four, on a long haul flight - I feel sorry for you. (That has only happened to our family when our plane was damaged on the tarmac in London and our family of four were split up on another flight to the US - a nightmare!)

Interesting that 80% of passengers were flying to cruise on Majestic Princess. Was there a flight/cruise passage offered on this cruise?

To compound matters, you then had to stand 1 and 1/2 hours in the Visa Waiver Line to enter China.

Hope your embarkation goes smoothly. Seems to be a lot of sea days, which should be relaxing.

Thanks for heads up about Visa and paperwork and long queue. We will be flying in a few days earlier for same cruise next year so maybe won’t have the long queue and plane full of excited cruise passengers to contend with [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the comments guys, had a good sleep, sun is shining so all good!

Yes, we have never sat in a row of 4, hopefully not again when the two of you are in the middle.

Hopefully other cruises from Shanghai won't have that many lines for visa waiver, I couldn't believe we were not the only crazies flying in the day before.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk