I would like the new ship to have....

babs135

Yes, I know there is another similar thread about this, but I thought it might help if we made simple suggestions without all the (un)necessary extra comments. I don't know if Cunard monitors this forum or even if they do whether they take any notice, but let's hope.

So

I would like:

A wraparound promenade deck

Self-service laundries.

Lots more I could add but I thought I'd leave it open to all.

1. Proper promenade deck i.e. walk around, full seaviews and steamer chairs. Teak.

2. Elegant, contemporary decor.. enough of the phony "art something" decor rendered in phony plastic "wood"

3. Teak open decks

4. A traditional Cunard name like CARONIA, AQUITANIA.

Chances of the above being delivered: zero

A midships pool (the size of that on QV and QE) but with a retractable cover, and they actually retract the cover on nice days and close it on less-than-nice days.

On a couple of HAL cruises the tables near the pool made a nice overflow seating area for the Lido buffet, and the cover makes weather a none issue. The Wintergarden on QV is the next best thing.

I think Halifax is a good Cunard name if they aren't going with Queen Anne. (Carnival refers to Cunard's new ship class as the Halifax Class in internal documentation).

Edited by Underwatr

Complete walkaround promenade deck

Larger gin bar

No dine as you please

No dumbing down of dress code

Shower door not curtain

Cabin design similar to Britannia where the wardrobe basically is a complete stub all outside the bathroom so so much storage space

Just more of the same Cunard really

I'd like a venue which can show films in the evening, like Illuminations on QM2, to provide an alternative to the theatre shows.

I also think Cunard needs to introduce an onboard app for making alternative dining reservations, viewing menus, booking shore excursions etc, which other lines have or are introducing.

I would quite like it if there wasn't a pub: I've always thought Cunard pubs were pretty fake and rather drab. I'd love it if they brought back the old QE2 theatre bar. However, I'm sure I'm very much in the minority so if there was a theatre bar and a pub, I'd be happy.

And obviously the proper promenade deck with steamer chairs and the Commodore Club are musts!

I want a great workout area with fun classes that are part socialization.

If there is a pub then have an outside area associated with it where you can sit and enjoy the sea with a pint.

I also want a classy ice cream parlor. Hopefully near the sun decks.

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Amen to the above. Or at least don't cover the existing shuffleboard courts with deck chairs like they do on QE. No one seems to bother with bowls (who ever heard of playing lawn bowls on a ship?!) but many like the traditional shipboard games like shuffleboard and the existing facilities for that are... poor.

I don’t think it will work on Cunard, but for the next two years we are limited to ships with drop off nurseries for age 0-2. This would be a nice way for families to see how nice it is to sail Cunard, but would probably not make their core customer base happy.

Not sure that Cunard would take any notice of passengers ideas\requests but here are a few they could mull over for future generations of cruisers.

Bowling Alley

Penny Arcade

Bumber cars

Candy Floss Stand

Wrap around racing track

Vape Bar

Burger Bar

Robot Waiters

Robotic Entertainers

;):):D:cool::'):confused:

I don’t think it will work on Cunard, but for the next two years we are limited to ships with drop off nurseries for age 0-2. This would be a nice way for families to see how nice it is to sail Cunard, but would probably not make their core customer base happy.

If Cunard are building bigger ships I am sure they are looking to cater for more families and so they should.