Black Friday deals??

Not sure about sales. But I just booked my first cruise ever with Princess to Alaska for July 2019. I booked under Sip&Sail for a good deal. As it had a refundable deposit, when 3 for free came out we refared. Saving $800 and increasing OBC by 200. We didn't need the free drink package. My advice or strategy would be k ol what you want and can afford. Book it as long as there is a refundable deposit and watch sales and prices. This protects you from increases but allows you to benefit from sales if the terms work for you. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I have booked the past 3 years on Black Friday, well, actually on the Black Friday sale sometime over the weekend...maybe even cyber Monday. The deals (extras) were good and the savings (total cost) were good. I always get refundable deposits to protect me in case I have to change my date for some reason. I also watch the cruise for price changes (drops) and contact Royal right away for a credit or rebooking, whatever they say is needed for me to get the savings. It is nice to use money saved for excursions while on the ship. 

On 9/20/2018 at 10:52 AM, Joeghartman said:

if this has been posted recently, I apologize. I plan to book an Alaskan cruise for 2019 fairly soo, but was curious if cruise lines ever offer deals on Black Friday that would make it worth it to wait until November?

I have seen where most Black Friday sales are for non refundable deposits.  I would never book those, personally, but many are extremely comfortable that their plans won't change.  Good luck!