Valuetrips ANY LUCK?

toxicfairy

So if it plays out the same way, I should be getting a confirmation by tomorrow or Friday. I did check my credit card & nothing was charged. Got a pretty good deal hope it pans out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally heard back today and we got it! It's for this weekend, which was listed as a black-out date. The email went into my Junk Mail so I'm glad I was watching for it there. I've called and confirmed with Hyatt.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I get an answer today. I'd call but they don't have a toll free number and I'm in Canada.

Don't bother calling, even if it was toll free. From my own experience, the number just hits a voice mail box and you never get a call back. Others have reported the same. Email sometimes works, but even that is hit or miss.

I have a feeling this is a small company - perhaps even a single person - who has some deals with a few select hotels, most notably the Hyatt Place 17th Street in Ft. Lauderdale. With that said, the vast majority here do end up getting their reservation confirmations. Patience is definitely required, though, for dealing with ValueTrips, but it usually pays off.

As for a second reservation somewhere as a back up, why not? As long as there is no penalty for cancellation and no initial payment required (just a CC guarantee), you should be safe and can then cancel whichever reservation you don't want.

You might want to call the Hyatt and see if they have a reservation in your name.

It wouldn't hurt.

But since most hotel bookings don't require payment until check-in and have a 24 hour cancellation policy it wouldn't hurt to have a back up reservation. It will certainly give you peace of mind.

I for one always use Priceline and yes, you don't get to know your hotel in advance, but you do get to select the area. We've always bid only on airport or downtown hotels and have been very happy with all our hotels. This def can't be a back-up hotel though. Our prices have always been under $100 for a 3* or higher hotel. Priceline is definitely not for everyone, but we really couldn't care less about the hotel knowing that a cruise is a day away!

Finally heard back today and we got it! It's for this weekend, which was listed as a black-out date. The email went into my Junk Mail so I'm glad I was watching for it there. I've called and confirmed with Hyatt.

That is too crazy that you got a reservation for a listed black-out date when I was turned down because the date I wanted was supposedly blacked-out but yet not listed as such!! Oh well, glad it worked out for someone anyway!! :cool:

Finally got an e-mail confirmation this morning but showing only one of my two bookings. Called the hotel directly & they have both of my reservations. The hotel also shows the Valuetrips prices. Cruise is paid, flight booked & pre & post cruise hotels booked. Now I wait[emoji16]

For those of you who've stayed at Hyatt Place, is there a courtesy phone at the airport for the free shuttle or do we have to advise the hotel of our arrival time?

is there any reason why people are waiting for 4 to 5 days to get the confirmation whereas they can go to lastminutetravel website and book it for $105. it's only 5 dollars difference but piece of mind and comes with free cancellation.

For those of you who've stayed at Hyatt Place, is there a courtesy phone at the airport for the free shuttle or do we have to advise the hotel of our arrival time?

Stayed there, you have to call the hotel, no courtesy phone that we could find.

is there any reason why people are waiting for 4 to 5 days to get the confirmation whereas they can go to lastminutetravel website and book it for $105. it's only 5 dollars difference but piece of mind and comes with free cancellation.

How do you get this rate and know you are getting the Hyatt Place? What dates are you looking at also?

How do you get this rate and know you are getting the Hyatt Place? What dates are you looking at also?

You have to sign in for LMT Club membership which is btw free to get this rate. everything is revealed there.

You have to sign in for LMT Club membership which is btw free to get this rate. everything is revealed there.

That website is LMTClub.com. The lastminutetravel.com site you mentioned doesn't offer the lower rate unless you call and use an agent. Then they will help identify the hotels and always drop the price to match or near match the club rate.

The Hyatt Place north shows up occasionally. But not always and rates can change daily. On Valuetrips.com the rates are based on season.

Thanks for the tip! I got the date I wanted for $106.76 (plus tax)!! Much better than the $199 on the Hyatt website. Almost $100 USD cheaper after taxes! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Our cruise is next March.

Any idea when value trips will provide rates & book for 2015?

I don't know but last year when I wanted to know when 2014 would open up, I emailed them and they did reply back. If I remember correctly it was late summer maybe. Drop them an email and hopefully they will give you a time frame;).

• 1 year later...

I'm not seeing that it's free. Maybe it has changed or there is a trick I don't know about. When you try to enroll it says:

The Last Minute Travel Club is a premium service

which provides significant discounts to its members

Annual membership fee for LMT Club is:$49.99

But I see if you enter a promo code of OFFER2015 it drops the cost to $9.99. Still, I don't know that I want to pay $9.99 just to see if they have a rate that will save me money.

Edited by Earthworm Jim