Kids booked in one room

We havent been on RCL in a while and wanted to find out if there are any issues with booking our kids, 13/10 in one room and the adults in the other? We always get 2 connected rooms and in the past had to book one adult in each room with one child. Last year on NCL Getaway, we were able to book the kids in one room and the adults in another. Now, it wasnt without somewhat of a hassle, had to sign waver documents prior to the cruise and we were not able to check the kids in online, had to be done at the port what took some time when we got there. However, it was nice to have all the keys correct day 1 as well as the right names on the cabins.

Ok, long winded explanation of our NCL experience so my question is, are we in for issues booking this way on RCL or is the process easier? Mainly, can we check in on line with 2 kids in the room?

Royal will allow you to book the kids alone in a stateroom, as long as that stateroom is next to or across the hall from yours. The website may not allow this, so you may have to call to book.

Edited by clarea

Royal will allow you to book the kids alone in a stateroom, as long as that stateroom is next to or across the hall from yours. The website may not allow this, so you may have to call to book.

The website will definitely not allow you to do this so you must call. If you are using a TA they may try to tell you that you can't do this as in order for it to be booked this way even the TA's have to call and they would rather book on line.

No waivers to sign, kids can be checked in on line and set up on your account for all charges.

Bob, when are you back?

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The website will definitely not allow you to do this so you must call. If you are using a TA they may try to tell you that you can't do this as in order for it to be booked this way even the TA's have to call and they would rather book on line.

No waivers to sign, kids can be checked in on line and set up on your account for all charges.

Bob, when are you back?

Sorry, should have mentioned we are already booked through RCL and the person helping us said it wouldnt be an issue, however, that is what the NCL person told us as well and it turned out to be more work/stress that originally thought. We actually didnt know it was going to be an issue on NCL until we tried to check in and wouldnt allow us. Thats when the wavers came. Again didnt turn out to be a huge issue, just trying to get a jump on it this time in case there is anything special we have to do.

thx

We just booked through a TA and did adjoining cabins but our TA said we had to do one adult in each cabin, my kids will be 14/10. I assumed we'd just move around ourselves. Will this cause issues?

Sounds like your TA didn't want to call, like Ken mentioned earlier.

You can move after you board. Guest Services will issue an extra key to those who want to change staterooms.

We just booked through a TA and did adjoining cabins but our TA said we had to do one adult in each cabin, my kids will be 14/10. I assumed we'd just move around ourselves. Will this cause issues?

Sounds like your TA didn't want to call, like Ken mentioned earlier.

You can move after you board. Guest Services will issue an extra key to those who want to change staterooms.

Yes, you can get extra keys but then someone will have to carry around 2 cards. I would push the TA, make them do their job and make a phone call for you. Much easier to have it all taken care of ahead of time.

The only times it pays to book an adult in each room is if you have a specific discount that only applies to them, or to be able to "legally" bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin onboard with you.

I have done this on both rci and ncl, with no issue. I booked directly through the cruise line. As long as the kids are within 3 cabins (we did connecting) or right across the hall, there was no issue. The only line where I have found it is an absolute no, is on Disney

I have done this on both rci and ncl, with no issue. I booked directly through the cruise line. As long as the kids are within 3 cabins (we did connecting) or right across the hall, there was no issue. The only line where I have found it is an absolute no, is on Disney

On Royal the kids cabin must be directly beside or directly across from the parents.

We havent been on RCL in a while and wanted to find out if there are any issues with booking our kids, 13/10 in one room and the adults in the other? We always get 2 connected rooms and in the past had to book one adult in each room with one child. Last year on NCL Getaway, we were able to book the kids in one room and the adults in another. Now, it wasnt without somewhat of a hassle, had to sign waver documents prior to the cruise and we were not able to check the kids in online, had to be done at the port what took some time when we got there. However, it was nice to have all the keys correct day 1 as well as the right names on the cabins.

Ok, long winded explanation of our NCL experience so my question is, are we in for issues booking this way on RCL or is the process easier? Mainly, can we check in on line with 2 kids in the room?

cannot book online. you have to go through a TA or call directly. and the cabin must be adjacent to or directly cross the hall from yours. once booked you have to have them linked together to do all the check in stuff online.

cannot book online. you have to go through a TA or call directly. and the cabin must be adjacent to or directly cross the hall from yours. once booked you have to have them linked together to do all the check in stuff online.

The only thing we have ever had linked with our kids is dining.

At the on line check in stage it asks what account (adult) will take responsibility for their account.

Thanks for the responses and it looks like RCL has this down better than NCL. I can actually view both reservations under 1 user name on line and they linked.

Looks like this wont cause stress. Now on the what to do while on the ship. BIG Ship....

thank You

I had done two close-by rooms twice with my underage kids with not problem. One tip to look is ensure both rooms have the same muster location. On one trip I booked online on adjacent non-connected rooms, we end up with different muster locations (one on port and one of starboard), having my wife with one kid in one place and me with the other kid in the other side. The second time I did the reservation over the phone and they checked that of us.

Edited by Crazycombine64