Uniworld 2017 Itineraries & Pricing?

Roz

When does Uniworld typically release their list of cruises for the next year?

Roz

I was told Early Feb by my TA, and then Mid Feb by a Uniworld rep, and other Uniworld rep told me late Feb. Thus who knows!!!! I finally booked AMA/

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting.....hope they'll be out by the end of the month. I check almost every day. I'm assuming past passengers will get an email letting them know they're available to book.

Roz

Interesting I was wondering the same thing. We are looking to book 14 days through France (Paris/Normandy and Bordeaux) for spring of 2017 and am surprised they are not available yet

Perhaps it's because they have a new ship sailing the Seine in 2017, the SS Joie de Vivre?

Robin

We just booked a Uniworld Egypt sailing for next February (2017). It wasn't easy. The Uniworld site for Egypt is mostly non functional and nothing for 2017 is even listed as are none of the 2016 cruises to Egypt. Our TA had to call to get all the info, including dates, duration, and pricing. We had several questions about the cruise, and our TA had a lot of difficulty getting any answers. Her comment was "the left hand there has no idea what the right hand is doing, and most of the customer support staff are clueless". She further said " it's a good thing that they operationally have an excellent product because their main office staff is one of the poorest in the industry".

In less than 90 days we'll be doing Uniworld China and Tibet, then next year Uniworld Egypt. Looking forward to the operations (ship) side of the business and hope I (or my TA) don't have to deal with the customer "service" side anytime soon again! We love their ships, their crews, and their food far more than the other river cruise companies.

We just booked a Uniworld Egypt sailing for next February (2017). It wasn't easy. The Uniworld site for Egypt is mostly non functional and nothing for 2017 is even listed as are none of the 2016 cruises to Egypt. Our TA had to call to get all the info, including dates, duration, and pricing. We had several questions about the cruise, and our TA had a lot of difficulty getting any answers. Her comment was "the left hand there has no idea what the right hand is doing, and most of the customer support staff are clueless". She further said " it's a good thing that they operationally have an excellent product because their main office staff is one of the poorest in the industry".

In less than 90 days we'll be doing Uniworld China and Tibet, then next year Uniworld Egypt. Looking forward to the operations (ship) side of the business and hope I (or my TA) don't have to deal with the customer "service" side anytime soon again! We love their ships, their crews, and their food far more than the other river cruise companies.

In December our TA was easily able to book us on a January 2017 Egypt cruise. Prior to that DH had emailed a few questions to Uniworld and received prompt replies. Tomorrow we're going to ask the TA to see if we can book a night pre-cruise through Uniworld at the Four Seasons as our flight arrives in Cairo at midnight and we want a day to rest. We'll see how that goes.

I'm stuck here at home on a cold, rainy Presidents' Day with cable TV out. Thought I'd check the Uniworld website just for the heck of it, but still no 2017 itineraries. I will have to find other things to do to amuse myself.

Roz

Not sure about the definition of "out". As I said above, Uniworld has absolutely nothing out published about its Egypt tours for either 16 or 2017, however, with a phone call they will give one dates, prices, and availabilities. At least two of we posters have booked Epyptian cruises on cruises that are not "out". Therefore, the question becomes, if one wanted to get the info for any cruise on Uniworld in 2017, is it just a matter of either they or their TA picking up the phone and calling Uniworld for the info? :confused:

Their ships and cruises are great, the competence of their customer support, IT group, and advertising groups are in question, imo. Give them a call and ask the questions and you may discover a new definition of the term "out". Or, just book on another line! :rolleyes:

I prefer to leisurely browse the offerings and then make a decision. At that point I call my TA or save more money. :D I may think I know what I want, but they may offer a new itinerary in 2017, or offer something similar to what I think I want but at a better price.

Roz

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd move this to the top again to see if anyone had any updated info. It's March 2, so how much longer can it be before Uniworld publishes 2017 European itineraries?

Roz