Live from the Quest - May 29 - June 9

Spursgirl

Hey Hazel! Greetings from Journey. We passed as ships in the night last night. You from Sorrento on the way to Giardini Naxos and us from Giardini Naxos to Sorrento. Stromboli put on a show for us as we passed.

I've been very impressed with The Patio on Journey, but you are right. They should make the buffet suggestion. I know the drill now so always go there for salad and/or dessert.

Will see you in Barcelona on the 7th when the two ships finally meet. I'm continuing on to Lisbon now. Don't want to get off!

You are so bad! Knew 7 weeks on JR wouldn't be enough for you.

See you in Barcelona. Xx

Yesterday we were anchored off Sorrento. Our friends went to Positano but we just ambled around town, did a bit of shopping and had lunch at the roof top pool of a lovely hotel I had previously stayed in.

In the evening there was an Italian Buffet poolside. Chef Fabio told us that he was going shopping for some local produce and among his purchases was some fantastic Buffalo Mozzarella and fabulous fresh Tuna. Everyone seemed to love the food and at 8.15 we were treated to a great performance from a local Italian tenor, David Righeschi who was brought on board to entertain us.

DJ Marcio then got us all up dancing and singing as the party continued as we left Sorrento.

Our next port of call is Taormina

Hey Hazel! Greetings from Journey. We passed as ships in the night last night. You from Sorrento on the way to Giardini Naxos and us from Giardini Naxos to Sorrento. Stromboli put on a show for us as we passed.

I've been very impressed with The Patio on Journey, but you are right. They should make the buffet suggestion. I know the drill now so always go there for salad and/or dessert.

Will see you in Barcelona on the 7th when the two ships finally meet. I'm continuing on to Lisbon now. Don't want to get off!

Hi Phil.

Had I known Journey and Quest crossed paths in the night I would have stayed up and waved to you. LOL

Really looking forward to hearing about your adventures when we meet on the 7th. Do say hello to Johannes from me.

All love

H x

Hi Phil and Lottie

Glad you are both enjoying the two ships. What are you like Phil, no home to go too [emoji41].

Keep on cruising, already missing my days at sea, but not long until July, then back to Quest in September [emoji16]

Carol and John xx

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a relaxed sea day today. Tony Markey held a moving interdenominational service this morning with thoughts and prayers for the victims of last nights terrorist attack in London. Anyone wanting to use the ship telephone to contact family was allowed free of charge.

In the morning we did a jewellery making class with the lovely dancer Sasha and went to the Jazz Brunch.

We did a bit of trivia in the afternoon with our 100% record being maintained. 😄 Then it was the well attended LCV cocktail party and the top cruisers had done 53 (I think) Azamara cruises! We listened to the new guitarist/singer Papa T who is excellent and then had dinner with friends. Next it was listening to Christine, Tony M's talented wife sing songs from The Great American Songbook and bed for me after a long day. The others are listening to Voices with the new cast, but I have seen it many times and needed an early night.

Tomorrow is Palma and the Azamazing Evening at Palma Cathedral.

Another lovely day to look forward to.

We had a relaxing morning at sea before our arrival in Palma at 1pm. It was raining heavily all morning, consequently the Officers Barbeque had to be held in Discoveries rather than on deck.

Fortunately the weather improved significantly and by the time we left the ship the sun had come out. Palma is a very attractive city and we enjoyed our time there.

Tonight is the Azamazing Evening at Palma's Le Seu Cathedral. We are not going but only because we did it last year and it was wonderful. We have decided to have a quiet dinner in Prime C. Hopefully I will have a tiny bit of room left as thè Chocolate Buffet is also being held tonight.

Tomorrow is the first of our two days in Barcelona, one of my very favourite cities.

We had a relaxing morning at sea before our arrival in Palma at 1pm. It was raining heavily all morning, consequently the Officers Barbeque had to be held in Discoveries rather than on deck.

Fortunately the weather improved significantly and by the time we left the ship the sun had come out. Palma is a very attractive city and we enjoyed our time there.

Tonight is the Azamazing Evening at Palma's Le Seu Cathedral. We are not going but only because we did it last year and it was wonderful. We have decided to have a quiet dinner in Prime C. Hopefully I will have a tiny bit of room left as thè Chocolate Buffet is also being held tonight.

Tomorrow is the first of our two days in Barcelona, one of my very favourite cities.

Apparently you and Lottie A will be able to wave to the crew and cruisers on Journey as you share the port in Barcelona.

I think the last time they were together was off the Gallipoli Peninsula during the Centenary Celebrations for the WW1 battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Apparently you and Lottie A will be able to wave to the crew and cruisers on Journey as you share the port in Barcelona.

I think the last time they were together was off the Gallipoli Peninsula during the Centenary Celebrations for the WW1 battle.

Hello Nordski,

Yes the two sisters will be together in Barcelona on Wednesday and lots of celebrations are planned. Really looking forward to it.

Hello Nordski,

Yes the two sisters will be together in Barcelona on Wednesday and lots of celebrations are planned. Really looking forward to it.

And looking forward to your report. Sounds like there will be a party!

Hello Nordski,

Hello Hazel,

The ships were together for 2 days in May 2014 for the Monaco Grand prix. We were on Journey and Quest was anchored nearby.

I don't remember any special events just lots of tendering back and forth by the crew.

Interesting to hear what happens this time.

Enjoy Barcelona has I know you always do.

Eric

Our Azamara Quest and Azamara Journey will meet up tomorrow in Barcelona and sail away side-by-side!

Follow along with the festivities on Azamara's social media such as FB or on Twitter using the hashtag #SistersMeet.

We also have created a special landing page on our website where starting tomorrow we'll share pictures of the day, including onboard guests' photos, in a photo gallery.

Just had the most fantastic White Night on Quest...one of the best ever. The new cast are very talented and they did Azamara proud.

We had a great day in Barcelona..,shopped til we dropped, had tapas for lunch and a generally good time was had by all.

There are lots of special things planned for for the #SistersMeet event tomorrow. There will be a drone flying above us and taking pix, discounted bookings, a special deck party and the marvellous Bruce Parker is doing his show on Quest.

We have had such a good time on this cruise that we have booked a B2B in 2018 as well as our next two cruises on Quest in July 2017 and Journey in October 2017. :D

Just had the most fantastic White Night on Quest...one of the best ever. The new cast are very talented and they did Azamara proud.

We had a great day in Barcelona..,shopped til we dropped, had tapas for lunch and a generally good time was had by all.

There are lots of special things planned for for the #SistersMeet event tomorrow. There will be a drone flying above us and taking pix, discounted bookings, a special deck party and the marvellous Bruce Parker is doing his show on Quest.

We have had such a good time on this cruise that we have booked a B2B in 2018 as well as our next two cruises on Quest in July 2017 and Journey in October 2017. :D

Am I correct in thinking Amanda Poulson is back on Quest with the new cast?

Am I correct in thinking Amanda Poulson is back on Quest with the new cast?

Yes, Amanda is back though I am not sure for how long. The new cast are quite wonderful, you would never know this was their first cruise.

And Marinaro thanks to you I am having delicious, carved (chosen by me) fresh fruit almost every morning

When we awoke this morning Azamara Quest and Azamara Journey were cheek by jowl. It was lovely to see Captain Johannes and Eric who visited Quest but sadly we missed Heike.

A friend cruising on Journey was also given special permission to spend the day with us which was great fun.

At just after 6 PM with both ship's guests packed on the open decks Quest cast off first. Captin Johannes and his team had made a giant hand which was waved enthusiastically from Journey's bridge. On Quest we were offered champagne, chocolate strawberries and canapés and the band played on deck.

Sadly the weather wasn't too co-operative as it was windy and chilly. The two ships rendezvoused three miles out and at one point were very close to each other. Guests on both ships were thoroughly enjoying the festivities but I'm not sure what happened to the drone.

We are now on our way to the South of France while Journey calls at Mahon, Menorca tomorrow.

We had another excellent dinner at Aqualina tonight and then saw the wonderful singer, Bruce Parker. As usual he brought the house down.

It's our final day of the cruise tomorrow :loudcry:

The glorious weather returned for our last day in Port Vendres. Captain Johannes when he visited Quest and others advised we visited the nearby town of Collioure. We took the little white train there and we were so glad we did as it was a little gem of a place. Our only regret was that we didn't have enough time to enjoy it fully as the ship sailed at 4. However we all hope to reviśit it when we are in the area again.

The 6 of us enjoyed a lovely dinner in the MDR and then headed to a packed Cabaret Lounge to watch Stage Door to Dreams. The cast didn't disappoint and even though I had seen this show a couple of times before totally enjoyed it.

I began this thread wondering if Quest would disappoint after 3 years absence.. How silly was I. After just a short time on board at the beginning of the cruise it felt as though I had never been away.

From Captain Carl down it appeared that the whole crew was focused on ensuring that the guests had the best possible time and grateful thanks go to them all for a simply wonderful cruise.

I saw a picture of Captain Jose on Twitter. Did he join the ship in Barcelona for #SistersMeet, or has he now replaced Captain Carl?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I saw Captain Jose briefly before we disembarked yesterday. He took over for the June 9 three day cruise after Captain Carl left the ship in Nice for some well deserved leave.

Jose was not on board for the Sisters Meet event.

Thoroughly enjoyed following this thread, your posts are always interesting reading.

We done quite a few cruises on the Journey but are boarding the Quest for the first time on Monday, even more excited now we know DJ Marcio is on board.

Thanks

Sue

Thoroughly enjoyed following this thread, your posts are always interesting reading.

We done quite a few cruises on the Journey but are boarding the Quest for the first time on Monday, even more excited now we know DJ Marcio is on board.

Thanks

Sue

Very envious that you are about to board my home away from home.

Have a fabulous cruise. As you know DJ Marcio is terrific