Any news on Caribbean itinerary updates?

excitedofharpenden

A question for Bonnie. With the impacts of both Hurricane Irma and Maria I'm wondering how close Azamara is with revisions to its itineraries. I see that Celebrity has now posted alterations for the rest of the year for ships in their fleet affected. I'm looking at some of the December cruises on Quest. Thanks.

Phil

I would say St Maartins is out but even my agent thinks the airport might be running by late Nov. St Barts will rebuild too. Other islands not sure of yet. I doubt SJ will be ready until next year. but you never know. look how fast Nola wanted us and our money.

no good cruise on Celebriry ofr Dec.

Hi Phil,

I haven't been told about any changes to our Caribbean itineraries. I would ask today for you but our itinerary planner is currently traveling.

As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure our QS Transatlantic leaving November 4th will be affected, but I'm also looking to join friends on the 1st December sailing and there are three ports with issues on that itinerary. I leave for Journey in a couple of weeks and may do an onboard booking if I have details to hand.

Phil

I would say St Maartins is out but even my agent thinks the airport might be running by late Nov. St Barts will rebuild too. Other islands not sure of yet. I doubt SJ will be ready until next year. but you never know. look how fast Nola wanted us and our money.

I know what areas have been hit. I just want the official Azamara word.

Phil

I know what areas have been hit. I just want the official Azamara word.

Phil

I agree this is the problem, we can all guess and make wild assumptions but until there is something official, it is just speculation. I don't really mind if they have not locked everything down yet but they will have a concrete view on certain elements by now I am sure. The fact they haven't communicated anything at all is poor.

It's interesting that Celebrity's website has Caribbean updates and changes through next year, but nothing is posted on Azamara. I can understand why they don't want to make a decision, guess they are hoping for the best. Looking at PR, I just don't see how they will be able to accommodate ships anytime this year. They have no electricity and a dam is threatening to break on the island. That may not be near San Juan, not really sure the news coverage has been sporadic at best...that island is not going to be ready to host 100's of tourists

Edited by jj6961
spelling

I guess they do not want to communicate a ‘work in progress’ because things can change and people get upset when things change ( as can be seen on these boards).

Seems to me they’re “damned if they do and damned if they don’t”.

Well no, I'm not after a work in progress. Celebrity and Royal have reworked their schedules and communicated them via their websites so I was hoping for something similar from Azamara. It can never be definitive, but a general outline would be good. Especially as the 1st December cruise is scheduled to disembark from San Juan. If that changes (I don't know where the following charter goes to) it affects my choice of travel plans.

Phil

I guess they do not want to communicate a ‘work in progress’ because things can change and people get upset when things change ( as can be seen on these boards).

Seems to me they’re “damned if they do and damned if they don’t”.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think what AZ cruisers are asking for is information about 1) their current cruises (I'm on the Quest T/A that was to call in St Maarten and SJ in early to mid November...and not a "peep" about that schedule) and very short term future cruises they might want to book. (as in Phil's interest in a December cruise). "People get upset when things change"...well that is true to some extent...I think what we are saying is that we would just like to KNOW what those changes are!! Doesn't that make sense as a passenger/consumer?? LuAnn

I think what AZ cruisers are asking for is information about 1) their current cruises (I'm on the Quest T/A that was to call in St Maarten and SJ in early to mid November...and not a "peep" about that schedule) and very short term future cruises they might want to book. (as in Phil's interest in a December cruise). "People get upset when things change"...well that is true to some extent...I think what we are saying is that we would just like to KNOW what those changes are!! Doesn't that make sense as a passenger/consumer?? LuAnn

In regards to the Dec 1 cruise we are not concerned if there are unavoidable changes to itinerary ( happy to enjoy Azamara ) but are somewhat concerned as this cruise disembarks in SJ and of course for those of us booked have ( as I am sure many others do also ) air flights booked out of SJ for travel home. We are booked on Westjet back to Toronto. If changes made it will mean for some , cancellation of flight arrangements and new bookings. Hopefully some info will be sent out in the near future.

Sharon

In regards to the Dec 1 cruise we are not concerned if there are unavoidable changes to itinerary ( happy to enjoy Azamara ) but are somewhat concerned as this cruise disembarks in SJ and of course for those of us booked have ( as I am sure many others do also ) air flights booked out of SJ for travel home. We are booked on Westjet back to Toronto. If changes made it will mean for some , cancellation of flight arrangements and new bookings. Hopefully some info will be sent out in the near future.

Sharon

Yes, that's it in a nutshell for me. A basic framework and knowing the San Juan situation. I have just heard from my friends in Puerto Rico that they are ok (they are in the south east of the island) so am very happy about that.

Phil

Yes, that's it in a nutshell for me. A basic framework and knowing the San Juan situation. I have just heard from my friends in Puerto Rico that they are ok (they are in the south east of the island) so am very happy about that.

Phil

That is great news!!! Glad that they were able to communicate!! That seems pretty rough right now to even happen!!! LuAnn

Sharon

Of course you are concerned...and I so understand that. Good luck with news regarding what is to happen! LuAnn

Sharon

Exactly!

We’re on the Dec 1 cruise. We have a flight from SJ with JetBlue to Orlando and then the Virgin flight into the UK. If the disembark port changes, we’ll have a bit of cancellation and booking to do. It would be good to have a bit of notice on this. Obviously this is nothing to the upheaval people impacted by the hurricanes have had.

Well no, I'm not after a work in progress. Celebrity and Royal have reworked their schedules and communicated them via their websites so I was hoping for something similar from Azamara. It can never be definitive, but a general outline would be good. Especially as the 1st December cruise is scheduled to disembark from San Juan. If that changes (I don't know where the following charter goes to) it affects my choice of travel plans.

Phil

Phil, I cannot imagine that you will be disembarking in San Juan. Perhaps we're hearing more about Puerto Rico here in North America. The damage is catastrophic and the island has no power. Most of the infrastructure is heavily damaged, and I can't imagine cruise ships going there this winter, especially as soon as December.

Phil, I cannot imagine that you will be disembarking in San Juan. Perhaps we're hearing more about Puerto Rico here in North America. The damage is catastrophic and the island has no power. Most of the infrastructure is heavily damaged, and I can't imagine cruise ships going there this winter, especially as soon as December.

It doesn't look good there Wendy. It's an issue for those disembarking supposedly in San Juan on the 9th December if they do change it. I don't know what the 9th December charter is or where it's going, but SJU roundtrip means probably many Puerto Ricans.:(

Phil

It doesn't look good there Wendy. It's an issue for those disembarking supposedly in San Juan on the 9th December if they do change it. I don't know what the 9th December charter is or where it's going, but SJU roundtrip means probably many Puerto Ricans.:(

Oh, didn't realize that Phil. If I were a Puerto Rican with the means to take a luxury cruise, I'd be getting out as soon as possible. The situation is dire I think.

Hi, all. I am booked on the December 1st sailng on Quest. I am booked on December 9th, end of cruise, out of San Juan ,on United. United has not notified me of any problems in operating that flight. They only state that they will re book flights for the next two weeks. So I think they are seeing how things develop too. I know PR is a mess, but I would hope that getting the airport functioning would be a priority. I also wonder what sort of changes Azamara might make to the itinerary. They had already changed a few ports since I booked earlier this year. Hope to hear soon. I know it is somewhat nerve wracking for people who had thought of booking this sailing and don't know what to make of it. Join us anyway, Phil!