Question for Bonnie on Azamazing Evening event

tango9

HI Bonnie, In about four weeks, I will be boarding the Quest for a Caribbean sailing. We so look forward to this . I sailed on Quest last winter in the Caribbean and had a wonderful time.

The itinerary has changed several times since I booked. The roll call has mentioned that it looks like we won't

be having an Azamazing Evening Event. Can you verify that! And does this happen much? Might Azamara

substitute some other type of event for this? Thanks!

Hi Tango9,

I can confirm that there will not be an AzAmazing Evening in St. Maarten on your 12/1/17 cruise.

Bonnie I can understand why there is no Azamazing Evening in St Maarten as we are not going to be stopping there BUT why has there not been something else planned for this cruise ?? Maybe bringing on board some entertainment to at least give a feel of a Special evening? Understand that due to hurricanes changes were made but after all the cost of Azamazing is built into the cost of our cruises. Just wondering if Miami is planning on adding something extra and just as Azamazing albeit smaller and maybe more intimate onboard event ?

Bonnie I can understand why there is no Azamazing Evening in St Maarten as we are not going to be stopping there BUT why has there not been something else planned for this cruise ?? Maybe bringing on board some entertainment to at least give a feel of a Special evening? Understand that due to hurricanes changes were made but after all the cost of Azamazing is built into the cost of our cruises. Just wondering if Miami is planning on adding something extra and just as Azamazing albeit smaller and maybe more intimate onboard event ?

I believe there is something special being worked on for you, but it is not my place to reveal anything.

Thanks , so much Bonnie. I am sure Azamara Quest will still give us some amazing memories

We're on the same cruise as you and I am not worried about the lack of an AzAmazing Evening. Three years ago when we took our first Quest cruise out of Miami the AzAmazing Evening actually came to us--all the performers boarded the ship and we had an outdoor show on the pool deck. I forget the reason why but I think it was something to do with weather-related awkward transportation logistics so it was easier to bring Mohammed to the mountain rather than the mountain to Mohammed. ;) In any event it was a successful evening and we all had fun and no one complained about not having to board busses! I have no doubt that we'll end up with an AzAmazing Evening of sorts even if it doesn't follow the traditional method.

• 3 weeks later...

This email is scheduled today (11/22) to go out to Guests on the Dec 01 Caribbean sailing:

"Dear Azamara Guest,

Due to the impact of Hurricane Irma, we’ve had to cancel the AzAmazing Evening originally scheduled to take place on December 7th in St. Maarten on our December 1st, 8-night Caribbean Sunsets Voyage.

However, we remain committed to continuing our White Night tradition and are thrilled to invite you to a special AzAmazing White Night Party during our night in Basseterre, St. Kitts on Wednesday, December 6th.

Dress up in all white and join us on Decks 9 and 10 as they’re transformed into a white wonderland. For this celebration, we’ve invited some special guests to join us onboard – local musicians from St. Kitts who’ll get the party started and keep it going well into the night.

Savor a Caribbean buffet. Sip boutique wines and tropical cocktails. Dance under starry skies. It’s all hands-on deck for an AzAmazing White Night on the Azamara Quest.

AZAMAZING WHITE NIGHT with CARIBBEAN FLAVOR

Wednesday, December 6th

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Live Music

St. Kitts’ hottest local band, KC 5, will pump out the island rhythms, mixing things up with reggae, hip-hop styles, and danceable party favorites.

Island Buffet

Caribbean Rock Lobster, Seafood Jambalaya, West Indies Crab Cakes, Baked Mahi Mahi,

Jerk Chicken and other succulent selections.

The party goes on in St. Kitts! We look forward to seeing you there. Please check your Insider daily newsletter when you arrive to confirm the AzAmazing White Night party start time. If you have questions or concerns that need to be addressed, you are more than welcome to call us at 1-855-AZAMARA (1-855-292-6272)."