Konigsdam Aft Pool

luvn2cruzzz

My favorite area of any HAL ship-except the Prinsendam-is the aft pool. We are sailing on the Konigsdam soon and from what I can tell, the aft pool is reconfigured differently with few lounge chairs. Can someone please tell me if that is accurate or are the photos I have seen just not telling the full story?

Thanks!

There are tons on deck chairs on the koninsdam in the aft pool area.....i never had an issue finding one. The coveted area does extend a bit further out but they also have some very comfy outdoor living room furniture on the non smoking side... (lots of oversized comfy chairs and couches)

My favorite area of any HAL ship-except the Prinsendam-is the aft pool. We are sailing on the Konigsdam soon and from what I can tell, the aft pool is reconfigured differently with few lounge chairs. Can someone please tell me if that is accurate or are the photos I have seen just not telling the full story?

Thanks!

I've been on Koningsdam five weeks ago and did not need to complain about anything... :)

There's been enough loungers at any time, either at Deck 9, where the aft pool exactly is, or at deck 10, one deck above number 9.

And also there are many cozy sofas and nice chairs.

Thanks!

Seems like plenty to me:

https://ysa.no/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Koningsdam-02-1-2000x1331.jpg

Did I read correctly that the smoking side is Port? On Zuiderdam, smoking was Starboard. I'm sure once I board I will be able to tell which is which (since I'm assuming there are ashtrays on the smoking side). I'd like to sit as far away as possible.

Really like the looks of those padded seats under the overhang! I would love to find somewhere outdoors to sit and read without frying.

The sun loungers aren't actually attached in sets of two are they? They're just arranged that way? I'm solo, so just wondering if I can separate at least a little from my neighbor(s).

Did I read correctly that the smoking side is Port?
It was last November. Nice padded chairs where the smoking area is starboard on most HAL ships.

but zero deck chairs on LP deck?
There's a few wooden benches, but it's much too narrow for loungers. :(

but zero deck chairs on LP deck?

There’s enough sun loungers on all deck spaces. Including aft pool (deck 9), the outdoor areas one deck above (10), and MORE THAN ENOUGH sun loungers at lido pool midship, deck 9 and 10...

At deck 10, there’s sheltered loungers, even with reading light. Very nice.

And deck 11 and 14 also offer enough loungers.

Simply don’t worry...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did I read correctly that the smoking side is Port? On Zuiderdam, smoking was Starboard. I'm sure once I board I will be able to tell which is which (since I'm assuming there are ashtrays on the smoking side). I'd like to sit as far away as possible.

Really like the looks of those padded seats under the overhang! I would love to find somewhere outdoors to sit and read without frying.

The sun loungers aren't actually attached in sets of two are they? They're just arranged that way? I'm solo, so just wondering if I can separate at least a little from my neighbor(s).

Smoking was on the port side aft both times we were on the Koningsdam. There were ashtrays on the tables in the smoking section. The sitting area on the starboard side under the overhang is a wonderful place to sit an read out of the sun. We spent a fair bit of time there.

The loungers are not attached to each other: they just set them up that way.

Enjoy your cruise on the Koningsdam.

We were on the K'dam January '17 and the smoking area was the port side with regular tables and chairs. The padded nice furniture was on the starboard side with the Ocean View bar.

On the O'dam November '16, the smoking area was on the starboard side with the nice couches and chairs.

• 1 month later...
Can you smell the smoke from the smoking area when sitting in the pool loungers or swimming in the pool? Sailed not the Regal Princess recently and couldn't even use the aft pool as it was overly smokey from cigarettes. Thx

That really depends on where you're sitting, and which way the wind is blowing.

Thanks!

You really like those aft pools on the Veendam and Rotterdam?

We were on the K'dam January '17 and the smoking area was the port side with regular tables and chairs. The padded nice furniture was on the starboard side with the Ocean View bar. ......................................

The K'dam just made to change to smoking on the Starboard. See https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2568239

The reason the lounges appear less is due to the fact that there are less rows across the aft but that is compensated by the loungers lining up along the other sides of the pool.