Tallinn Card

englander

Having never been to Tallinn, I am surfing the net... on the visitor website I have been reading about the Tallinn Card as a pass for many attractions and all public transportation for 24 hr (or longer). It also has the option of adding the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus. Any comments / experiences with this card?

Having never been to Tallinn, I am surfing the net... on the visitor website I have been reading about the Tallinn Card as a pass for many attractions and all public transportation for 24 hr (or longer). It also has the option of adding the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus. Any comments / experiences with this card?

Are you visiting Tallinn via cruise ship? If so, the Tallinn card makes little sense as you will most likely want to spend the majority of your time inside the medieval old walled city. Tallinn very easy to DIY. You really do not need transportation unless you want to visit some places further afield and it is an easy 15 minute walk from port to the old town gate. BTW - the HOHO bus cannot access the inside of the walled city - it is pedestrianized.

Are you visiting Tallinn via cruise ship? If so, the Tallinn card makes little sense as you will most likely want to spend the majority of your time inside the medieval old walled city. Tallinn very easy to DIY. You really do not need transportation unless you want to visit some places further afield and it is an easy 15 minute walk from port to the old town gate. BTW - the HOHO bus cannot access the inside of the walled city - it is pedestrianized.

Thanks for the heads up...some really good info. Yes we are coming by cruiseship and not sure what all we want to go see yet..

Susan