Will I be able to board with them?

CabanadreamingMO

Hello,

We are cruising as a group in October and I have 2 children. I have one in my cabin with my Husband and my other will be in a cabin with my Mother who is Platinum. Because she has my child will I be able to board with her, or will she have to wait and board with me (I'm only gold)?

This was all I could find on minors being in separate rooms.

"Minors traveling with parents in separate staterooms, who qualify for Priority, may check in together. Platinum and Diamond guests may access their staterooms after boarding."

Maybe I'm just missing it. Thank you for any and all help you can provide! :)

On our last cruise, I was gold and my husband just turned platinum. I had booked our son’s room and my husband booked our room. Even though we had our bookings linked and they knew we were traveling together, they had his platinum room card in the platinum line and my son’s and my card were in a different area. So we weren’t able to even check in together. We couldn’t board with him but if he had wanted to he could’ve waited and boarded with us. So to answer your question, your mother would have to wait if you all wanted to board together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son is booked into her cabin. Does he have to board with her, or can parties be separate and still be sharing a cabin? he is NOT in our room. But we DO have another son in our room (2 total) I would think he would have to board with us regardless of who's cabin he's in, or is that just to get through security and the initial check in? Thank you for the previous responses! :)

They're 4 and 5 years old. Little guys lol! :)

Edited by CabanadreamingMO

My son is booked into her cabin. Does he have to board with her, or can parties be separate and still be sharing a cabin? he is NOT in our room. But we DO have another son in our room (2 total) I would think he would have to board with us regardless of who's cabin he's in, or is that just to get through security and the initial check in? Thank you for the previous responses! :)

They're 4 and 5 years old. Little guys lol! :)

He can board with either you or her. Your mom can get her card and join you in the general boarding area. One can always go in general but only those whose boarding passes said "Priority" can enter Priority. If your ship has cards placed outside cabins, then you can all remain together in general boarding area.

He can board with either you or her. Your mom can get her card and join you in the general boarding area. One can always go in general but only those whose boarding passes said "Priority" can enter Priority. If your ship has cards placed outside cabins, then you can all remain together in general boarding area.

thank you!

It's their first cruise so no way is he getting on without me! I'm not going to miss out on the awe and wonder of getting on a huge ship for the first time in my child's eyes! She'll have to board with us novice cruisers with only 5 cruises under our belts. FTTF is sold out! for October already! Thank you again for the replies! :)

She can join you in General boarding, but you cannot join her. At least not at the ports I have boarded at yet. I always try to buy FTTF if it is available. You should certainly be able to get it between now and October, just check often.

There is always a chance that FTTF will become available. It does sell out very quickly however. It's best to check daily, if not multiple times a day if possible, so you can grab it when and if it does become available. I was able to grab one for my BIL just three weeks before a cruise this past December. It was sold out in minutes and I was lucky enough to see if when I checked before 7:00am one morning. I recommend you start looking for it now though. I hope you do get FTTF since it's good for everyone in your cabin and will enable everyone in your group to board together. Enjoy your cruise and I bet your 4 and 5 year olds will have a blast too!

Edited by Florida Paesano
additonal info

We sailed 2 years ago from Port Canaveral on the Sunshine. I am platinum and had 2 grandkids in my cabin. DH was not platinum and had 2 grandkids with him in his cabin. No one made us split up. They just showed us where priority goes and that was that. Both cabins where available when we boarded.

I would also consider that minors need written permission to board a cruise with someone other than thier parent, so it may be a moot question. You will each have your own boarding pass so it should be simple and straight fwd for your family to board together without your mom. Cabin mates are not expected to necessarily check in together anyway. Have a blast !

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

We sailed 2 years ago from Port Canaveral on the Sunshine. I am platinum and had 2 grandkids in my cabin. DH was not platinum and had 2 grandkids with him in his cabin. No one made us split up. They just showed us where priority goes and that was that. Both cabins where available when we boarded.

That was two years ago and due to rampant abuse, it was stopped.

Does anyone know if FTTF becomes available again later? I'm hoping maybe we can get it. Thanks!

Oh yes there is definitely a good chance FTTF will become available again. It always seems to within a few months of the cruise. I would start looking in June-July. They sell a little in the beginning and stop until they get a better idea of how many platinum and diamond cruisers are on that cruise and then will release more FTTF spots.

Even if you get FTTF, you will be in separate waiting areas and Platinums go before FTTF so you won't be boarding together then anyway.

That’s odd. My husband’s friend had FTTF and was able to go to the lounge with him and board with him. This was in Port Canaveral last year.

That’s odd. My husband’s friend had FTTF and was able to go to the lounge with him and board with him. This was in Port Canaveral last year.

FTTF is not allowed in the Priority lounge. They would not let my mom back with me in October. They had their own little area to the side by the escalators in Miami. It even says they can’t be there in the FTTF description. Here’s a portion of it:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Note: Only Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-%28fttf%29

Hello,

We are cruising as a group in October and I have 2 children. I have one in my cabin with my Husband and my other will be in a cabin with my Mother who is Platinum. Because she has my child will I be able to board with her, or will she have to wait and board with me (I'm only gold)?

This was all I could find on minors being in separate rooms.

"Minors traveling with parents in separate staterooms, who qualify for Priority, may check in together. Platinum and Diamond guests may access their staterooms after boarding."

Maybe I'm just missing it. Thank you for any and all help you can provide! :)

Well, if you Mom was nice, she would wait with you and board with you. Being the lesser gold. But if it was me being the Platinum, I would board, and let you know what bar to meet me at. Also, your two kids could check in with you, so I wouldn't have to babysit.....:')

If you have an early terminal check-in appointment it really won't make too much of a difference. Your mom could board and go on to her cabin which would be ready and maybe unpack her carry on bag.

As soon as your family boards you can proceed on to her cabin to drop off your carry-ons until your cabin is ready at 1:30 and go off to a nice lunch all together.

FTTF is not allowed in the Priority lounge. They would not let my mom back with me in October. They had their own little area to the side by the escalators in Miami. It even says they can’t be there in the FTTF description. Here’s a portion of it:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Note: Only Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-%28fttf%29

Well I'm just speaking from my past experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You all have been very helpful and I sincerely appreciate the insight! I have one last question that ties into the possibility of our getting the FTTF. With her being Platinum would she be able to wait with us in the FTTF "waiting" area and then board with us in that group? With this being her grand kids first cruise she very much wants to see their faces as soon as we all get on the ship. It's like magic! My grandparents are Diamond with wheel chair assist and will be getting on board before everyone else and can "save a seat" lol!

Thank you again for your help! <3

You all have been very helpful and I sincerely appreciate the insight! I have one last question that ties into the possibility of our getting the FTTF. With her being Platinum would she be able to wait with us in the FTTF "waiting" area and then board with us in that group? With this being her grand kids first cruise she very much wants to see their faces as soon as we all get on the ship. It's like magic! My grandparents are Diamond with wheel chair assist and will be getting on board before everyone else and can "save a seat" lol!

Thank you again for your help! <3

I’m not sure but if she wants to wait, then don’t worry about FTTF and have her sit with you in general boarding.