Transfers from airport to ship - Amsterdam

englander

I'm trying to find out what time the RCI rep begins greeting incoming guests and what time the first transfer shuttle runs. We arrive in Amsterdam around 0800 am and I am just wondering about how long I have to wait before the RCI rep is on duty.

Are you set up for Transfer with the cruise line. Having not sailed from Amsterdam, I would think transfers would begin when they know they have a bus load coming in around the same time. Boarding the ship usually begins around 11 AM up until 90 minutes before sailing then all guest need to be on board. The Transfer Rep will be available in the luggage area when you pick up your luggage at the airport. I would call RCCL to ask also the information & voucher for Transfer will be in your Documents that you will need to print and bring with you along with your Set Sail Pass if you have paid for the Transfer..

Thanks for the info. I have done transfers before when we fly in day of the cruise. I'm hoping that since they know what time our flight arrives (we booked the flights thru ChoiceAir) there should be a rep there outside of the customs to greet us.

This is the message I got from RCI:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Our records for the Royal Caribbean Ground Transfer program out of Amsterdam Schiphol Airport indicates that the last arrival flight time is 1:30 pm, and transfers typically depart once every 30 to 45 minutes. Regrettably, we do not have details on record for when transfers begin or when the last arrival transfer departs following the latest arrival flights. Do not hesitate to communicate with the cruise line representative when you meet with them. The representative will take you to your waiting transfer after clearing customs formalities in the arrivals hall. Please claim your luggage prior to arriving for your transfer, and the cruise line attendant can help supply luggage tags if needed. If you have reserved the Royal Caribbean transfers through your travel agent in advance, no additional paperwork is necessary to take the arrival transfer, as your name will be on the passenger manifest for our staff to recognize. We regret that we do not have more specific information beyond what has been provided for what to expect on embarkation day, so we invite you to notify our staff at the airport and the pier if you have any questions or concerns.

• 1 month later...

Now that I have access to my eDocs for my upcoming May 1st cruise I find a page stating there will be someone to meet us from 0900 am outside the Customs Hall in Amsterdam airport. Transfers will operate between 0900 and 2:30 pm. Approx 30 min ride.