taxi or jitney to cable beach?

sailingbuddy

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from the port to the Sheraton? I am trying to decide which is the best and quickest method of transport for a family of four. We will be arriving in port around 11am so I am not sure how often the jitney runs and whether traffic will be heavy. Feedback please!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from the port to the Sheraton? I am trying to decide which is the best and quickest method of transport for a family of four. We will be arriving in port around 11am so I am not sure how often the jitney runs and whether traffic will be heavy. Feedback please!

I don't think it will make much difference. Maybe a minute or 2. Jitney's run every couple of minutes and pick ups (stops) are very quick.

Traffic shouldn't be bad going.. but coming back in rush hour can add 30 minutes to your ride. Either way.. the jitney and cab take the same route.

Taxi will be a little quicker, maybe 4 minutes or so! Cost will be around 30 to 40! We just went to the Sheraton last week and rode on the Jitney for 1.25 a person. A great ride, only one stop from pickup until we got off at the Sheraton! 1.25 back to the boat! Only way to go for us would be the Jitney!

Taxi will be a little quicker, maybe 4 minutes or so! Cost will be around 30 to 40! We just went to the Sheraton last week and rode on the Jitney for 1.25 a person. A great ride, only one stop from pickup until we got off at the Sheraton! 1.25 back to the boat! Only way to go for us would be the Jitney!

So how much time should I allow from the ship to the Sheraton? Also is the stop for the Sheraton obvious or do you have to walk some distance? Your input is appreciated.

We are only going to be in Nassau for a few hours. Is there free public access to Cable Beach if we took a Jitney there or are we only allowed in through paying for a day pass at the hotel?

Cable Beach is a long strip of beach with hotels, timeshares and private homes.

There are a couple of public access points, but they don't lead to the nice hotel beaches or any amenities.

The public beach is not maintained, raked, cleaned or secured. No lifeguards, restrooms, chairs or concessions.

If you want to use the hotel beaches.. you need a day pass.

Jitney driver will drop you at either location.

GOing thru the hotel and out to the beach without paying is a no-no.. and is considered trespassing.

You will be asked to leave.

We are planning to go to Cable beach via public access. Once we get to the beach, can we walk down the beach to the areas that are better maintained? How much is the pass at Sheraton per person? Is it the cheapest. I really do not want to pay $30 for the day to go the beach. Thank you. I appreciate your help.

We are planning to go to Cable beach via public access. Once we get to the beach, can we walk down the beach to the areas that are better maintained? How much is the pass at Sheraton per person? Is it the cheapest. I really do not want to pay $30 for the day to go the beach. Thank you. I appreciate your help.

You won't be allowed access to the "maintained" area on the beach without a day pass. Sheraton is $30pp/ Wyndham is $20.

Any beach that is cleaned and maintain will charge you. Someone has to pay for folks to clean it. Right?

Entering a hotel beach (private beach) without paying is tresspassing.

There is a public beach at Goodmans bay, but there are no amenities (restrooms was chained up last time I checked), no lifeguards, and there is sometimes a rip tide. You really have to know your waters to find a "Safe" beach as undertows and Rip tides are not easy to spot.

We did not go to the Sheraton or any of the hotel beaches for that matter but I can tell you we rode the jitneys to a few places we went and it was fantastic. The jitney ride was one of the most memorable things from our port day in Nassau. The first one we went on was bright turquoise and had a great sound system. There were many locals on with their brown bags. Everyone was friendly and it felt like a small Bahamian party. I would say don't miss at least one jitney ride!

We took a van taxi from the pier (5$ pp) to the Sheraton and the jitney back, as it was our first time to the Sheraton.

The day pass for the Sheraton is worthwhile. It is a good place with large pools and a big beach and lots of amenities.

We rode the Jitney to the Sheraton with our 5 & 8 year old and felt pretty safe the whole way. Locals were super nice and the fare could not be beat! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375208986.563712.jpg.efef0e1dbf5f897f3b5f20cfdf32e477.jpg

Kim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375208966.807441.jpg.634f66253cb15d557051fc5a2f98afe5.jpg

We went to the Sheraton last October, our $30 each got us access to the beach and pools, use of float mats, water tricycle, paddle boat, and chairs with beach towels. They also have ice water for free from the bar. There are several games located around the pool as well, ping pong and others. It was a great day. The beach is a very shallow slope and easy on the feet. We had a great time. My family took the Jitney there and back, it was really easy. I would go there again.

Archived