Swimsuits ruined on Oasis

My wife had two swimsuits ruined on Oasis last week. They both faded real bad, she thinks it had to do with the chemicals in the pool? Anyone else ever had this problem with Royal's pools?

Edited by tomahawk246

I've never had it happen on any cruise but I always rinse my suit (and body for that matter) ASAP.

Lots of people had the same issue w/ the "thalassotherapy" pools on Celebrity M class.

Heck i rinse my suit when I get out of my own pool.

Edited by bighairtexan

It's not the water or chemicals...it's the sun! I have several suits that faded really badly...but only on the OUTSIDE! If you look at the inside (around the leg holes, or the inside of the straps), they are the original color. It's the sun...it's fierce and it will fade material, and haircolor!

No one to sue about that!

It's not the water or chemicals...it's the sun! I have several suits that faded really badly...but only on the OUTSIDE! If you look at the inside (around the leg holes, or the inside of the straps), they are the original color. It's the sun...it's fierce and it will fade material, and haircolor!

No one to sue about that!

In my case it was NOT the sun, I was never outside in the suit that was faded on in the pool in the Solarium - roof was closed.

I had one suit that not only faded but also the fabric thinned out, after using the solarium pool on some ship....don't recall which ship. I'm sure that's what did it, since it only affected the bottom of my suit.(I had sat in the hot tub several times that cruise. I also wash out my suits very time I wear them.) Now, I take one suit for pools and one for beach. I do think it was due to too many chemicals in the water. We have a pool at home and also spend lots of cruise time on beaches in the sun...never had a problem with sun fading a suit.

I had same problem with a brand new suit on Oasis in May and it is the only one I went in The hot tub with......it was not a cheap suit either!

I also have a pool at home that I am in frequently and have never had a suit fade like that. Oh well, still had a great cruise!!!!:p

I think I will email Adam Goldstein and demand a new bathing suit and 50% off my next cruise! LOL. Just kidding

Edited by Rick-n-Lisa

Yes, dh's new Tommy Bahama bathing suit totally faded in 2 days from the hot tub. But then he is lax about the rinsing off. Home pool does not do that. Now he only gets 10.00 Walmart suits to take on cruises.:D

Mary Ann

Ever think it could be the poor quality of the cloth and/or the dye used?

For some reason I am LOL at this thread, don't mean to but totally agree with you, the fabric/swimsuit material was my first thought as I was reading this, but did not want to insult anyone.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

The sun is what fades my suits.....I have several with a "charm" than hangs from the waistband....the suit fades, but under the charm (kind of a dangly round thing), it's the original color. Got to be the sun. If it was the water, underneath the charm, it would be faded, too. But, it's not!

Yes...they do put chemicals in the pools...whether they are salt water or chlorinated fresh....

The sun is what fades my suits.....I have several with a "charm" than hangs from the waistband....the suit fades, but under the charm (kind of a dangly round thing), it's the original color. Got to be the sun. If it was the water, underneath the charm, it would be faded, too. But, it's not!

Yes...they do put chemicals in the pools...whether they are salt water or chlorinated fresh....

Maybe a combo of the 2..... Lots of chemicals then go lay in the sun to activate all those chemicals and fade away.

I saw one group on our recent Vision cruise spend about 2 hours in the hot tub. Enough time to fade a rubber tire.

They probably pump 3X the normal chlorine level in those pools.

I am surprised nobody has complained about green hair...

I'm sure they'd complain more if they saw what happens in those pools otherwise...

Had a pool for many years and when we would put the chemicals in at the beginning of the season, we would get lots of fading. Personally, I'm glad they're full of chemicals what what I'm sure some are willing to do in the pool. I learned after many years not to buy an expensive suit for a cruise or if I was going to be in a community pool a lot. I don't really care if my suit impresses anyone. I just consider it a "disposable" and it can be dumped after the cruise.

not on a cruise, but happened to my dd when she was little and we were staying in Universal. It was a new suit, and it was totally see through after 2 days. I just chalked it up to the chemicals in the pool - I'd rather have a lot of chemicals than a gross pool.

It was not the sun, she was not in the sun very much. It was the water in the solarium pool and it is a good chance it was because she did not rinse off well enough. They were not cheap swimsuits. I think Royal owes us a free cruise for compensation. I will call them tomorrow and follow up with my lawyer. I will keep everyone posted on the results.

It was not the sun, she was not in the sun very much. It was the water in the solarium pool and it is a good chance it was because she did not rinse off well enough. They were not cheap swimsuits. I think Royal owes us a free cruise for compensation. I will call them tomorrow and follow up with my lawyer. I will keep everyone posted on the results.

I have never met you, but I am sending up a prayer skyward that YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT? :eek:

My wife had two swimsuits ruined on Oasis last week. They both faded real bad, she thinks it had to do with the chemicals in the pool? Anyone else ever had this problem with Royal's pools?

I Just got off Oasis today. This is not a big deal, but a couple of things I noticed about the dining room service. They did not offer us toast and danish in the main dining room when we went in for breakfast and it was offered to other tables. The evening in the dining room we had to ask for bread on most nights, and they never came back again for seconds. We had MTD and I believe that the servers are not happy with the MTD option. The worst thing that happened, one morning at Johnny Rockets we were told we should take an outside seat because they could not guarantee us a seat if we waited for an inside seat and it was 30 min. before they closed. One evening we walked in the main dining room at 9:15 and the dining room closed at 9:30, we could visually see that the dining room staff was not happy with us coming in at that time. This being said, we had a great time and these were observations and did not even bother us at all. I know that these people have a difficult job and try to please everyone.

It looked like they were more service oriented to the large tables and less considerate to the tables for two.

Were you happy with ANYTHING on your Oasis cruise?!?!??!?