Baby pools/splash zones

Kapin777

Hey everyone. I'm sure this has question has been posted a lot, but what lines/ships have either kiddie pools or splash zones so that my daughter in a swim diaper can enjoy. I know the Allure & Oasis do, as do a few other RCCL ships, but what about other lines and ships?

Thanks all.

Hey everyone. I'm sure this has question has been posted a lot, but what lines/ships have either kiddie pools or splash zones so that my daughter in a swim diaper can enjoy. I know the Allure & Oasis do, as do a few other RCCL ships, but what about other lines and ships?

Thanks all.

I want to say just Disney. Other than Freedom class ships and Oasis class like you mentioned.

I know Carnival, Princess and RCI are very strict with the rule.

We got the boot for dipping his FEET in, on Carnival.

• 4 weeks later...
Independence of the seas has and it's nice and warm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, that's a Freedom class. To summarize, only Disney and Royal Caribbean Freedom and Oasis class ships - although my guess is that the new Quantum and Allure ships will have them as well.

Yes, the Splash Zones on RCL Freedom class are wonderful. My 4 and 6 year old loved it and wanted to spend the entire day there. Keep in mind that the small area for diapered children, is just that very small. And it is in the middle of the action. Which was great when my son was 6 months old. I could sit with him and watch his sister playing in the splash zone. However, when we went when he was 18 months old it was awful. He saw his sisters having a great time and didn't want to stay in the baby zone. Diapered children are not allowed in the splash area, kiddie pools or kid hot tubs, ONLY in the baby pool. It was impossible to keep him out of the action which obviously was a major problem. Just keep that in mind if your baby is mobile and be prepared, wet tantrum baby was not fun.

• 6 months later...

Bump.

Anyone have any additional input to the OP's question?

I know that the Oasis/Allure and Freedom class vessels have an infant splash area where swim diapers are allowed because of the separate filtration system. Those areas are great as the water is warm and Royal personnel do an great job of keeping the older kids out of it.

The Disney Dream/Fantasy have such an area, but it can be a little dangerous for the babies at times because older kids like to play in it too.

Anyone know about NCL? I've read conflicting threads on the NCL Breakaway-class ships with respect to their splash area. I've read people claim that it has a separate filtration system and that infants in swim diapers are welcome. I've read the opposite too. I'm not talking about getting away with it and NCL staff not enforcing the rules. I'm talking about a designated area for infants/toddlers where swim diapers are acceptable.

On that note, has anyone heard anything about the upcoming NCL Escape? (I intend to follow up with NCL as well. But, my experience with customer service centers is you will get a myriad of answers and sometimes the best you hope to accomplish is to get a consensus answer from various sources and hope for the best once you board.)

Bump.

I know that the Oasis/Allure and Freedom class vessels have an infant splash area where swim diapers are allowed because of the separate filtration system. Those areas are great as the water is warm and Royal personnel do an great job of keeping the older kids out of it.

The Disney Dream/Fantasy have such an area, but it can be a little dangerous for the babies at times because older kids like to play in it too.

Anyone know about NCL? I've read conflicting threads on the NCL Breakaway-class ships with respect to their splash area. I've read people claim that it has a separate filtration system and that infants in swim diapers are welcome. I've read the opposite too. I'm not talking about getting away with it and NCL staff not enforcing the rules. I'm talking about a designated area for infants/toddlers where swim diapers are acceptable.

On that note, has anyone heard anything about the upcoming NCL Escape? (I intend to follow up with NCL as well. But, my experience with customer service centers is you will get a myriad of answers and sometimes the best you hope to accomplish is to get a consensus answer from various sources and hope for the best once you board.)

To the best of my knowledge, only the RCI Oasis, Quantum, and Freedom class ships have "infant only recreational water facilities" (to give them their proper name from the USPH). Disney is the only other line to have them, on all their ships. This is a relatively new feature, and the USPH had to create a separate construction and operation code for them, because of the desire of passengers to have an area for the toddlers. The major difference is that the water is not only filtered and chlorinated, but has a UV sterilizer in the filtration system. There must also be a crewmember present at all times, which is why many lines don't want to add them.

Carnival ships home ported in Australia allow infants in swim diapers in the splash pools, and I think several ships that home port in Europe most of the year do as well, since all of these ships do not have to meet USPH standards.

Bump.

Current NCL ships do not have separate splash areas welcoming diapered kids, but not sure about escape, since I believe it will be the only NCL to provide a nursery. Could be!

I have to say, I wish more cruises offer it. We are trying to figure out where to go and we are so restricted. But from what a poster said, it doesn't sound like my daughter is going to be okay in the baby pool area seeing the regular pool around it so maybe we can skip the entire pool area? :/