How strict is Carnival with minimum ages on shore excursions?

MaiTaiMary

The age limits are there for YOUR safety and like the other poster said most likely involves the tour operator's insurance.

Being 4 months away from his 8th birthday won't make a difference with his safety. I understand not taking a toddler on a trip that has a minimum age of 14, but with the age I'm referring to, it won't make a difference. I'm just asking what Carnival's policy is.

They are very strict secondary to insurance. I was at the shore excursion desk and witnessed a woman argue with the CSR regarding her 9 year old child. This "little" boy was large for his age both in height and weight and she wanted to book a zip line and they would not allow it. He was probably 4 inches taller and 25 pounds bigger than my 10 year old grandson. My grandson is in the 75% so it is not like he is small for his age.

The zip line had a 10 yr age requirement.

Edited by springs741

We've been looking into a snorkeling trip for a shore excursion with Carnival. I just noticed that the minimum age is 8 years old. My youngest will be 7 1/2 at the time of the cruise. Will they let him go?

I have the same question. We are thinking about booking the altun ha and river Wallace excursion in belize. The minimum age is 4 and my daughter will be about 2 weeks shy of being 4. She's in the 90-95% for height and weight for her age and she was actually bigger than a 5 yr old in her swimming class in August. It will not let me book the excursion online. You have to pick the people for the excursion and for her it says not available. I plan to see if they'll let me buy tickets onboard, otherwise it'll be plan b.

Have you considered a private excursion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with looking into a private/independent excursion.

OP: If you tell us which port, someone will be able to help you.

I would also recommend checking into a private excursion. Often you can get the exact same excursion offered by the ship, but the minimum age will be different. For example, we wanted to go horseback riding a few years ago, but the minimum age for the ship tour was 12. Our niece and nephew were only 8 and 9. But if you booked the tour directly through the operator, the price was about $40 less per person, and the minimum age was only 8.

Ds turned 13 on our last cruise. It may be bc he was becoming a 'teenager' but they aged him up the first day. He has a summer birthday, not his first cruise over his birthday but the first time this has ever happened.

You can always ask but I'd just book a private tour.

When our daughter was going to be two months too young for a Carnival excursion, we just found the same tour through a local company with a younger minimum age. But, I have heard from others that Carnival can be flexible with the age requirement on some tours, depending on the company they're working with and the reason for the minimum age. You could call or ask when you get on board, or just look for the same tour through a private company.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

I've not been able to book my child on an excursion over his age. He's a very tall / strong / large boy for his age. it's all about the age on his passport / carnival file, in my experience.

I've gone private for that very reason several times. He loves Segway's and most of the Carnival tours are 12 and up but locally I could find them 10 and up.

I recently asked this question on here and with Carnival. We are sailing next week and my daughter is 4 months shy of being the required age per Carnival for an excursion and they said they would not book her. I did however contact an outside company and they allowed her to go so we booked with them. Carnival is super strict with the age limits, which is understandable.

Sorry :(

I would also try a private excursion, I prefer them anyway.

I have to laugh because we were going to book some excursion (cannot remember what it was) but they had an age limit of 55, and my husband was pissed when I said he could no go on it. We just ended up going through a private company.