Not sure NCL wants to keep me.

blindrid

First of all, NCL is my favorite cruise line.

Seems like there are no longer cruises that fit my wants. With airfare prices up, my want is a Caribe cruise of about 10-12 days. This year I was forced to book Celebrity for a 12 day leaving 12/1. A week is no longer cost effective spending $700+ for airfare + hotel, etc.

Have I outgrown NCL's demographics? I love dealing with my PCC Eddie, enjoy the experience but it seems like they offer limited choices unless you only do 7 days. It it just us or is it NCL? Back to back schedules seem pretty lame so I don't see that as an option.

Like I said maybe we no longer fit their demographics.

Thoughts, opinions or am I just Whiney?

Seems like there are no longer cruises that fit my wants. With airfare prices up, my want is a Caribe cruise of about 10-12 days. This year I was forced to book Celebrity for a 12 day leaving 12/1. A week is no longer cost effective spending $700+ for airfare + hotel, etc.

Have I outgrown NCL's demographics? I love dealing with my PCC Eddie, enjoy the experience but it seems like they offer limited choices unless you only do 7 days. It it just us or is it NCL? Back to back schedules seem pretty lame so I don't see that as an option.

It does seem as though there are fewer to choose from if you want something over a week. We're doing an 11 day in November on the Pearl and A 10 day on the Gem next year so they do exist.

What about a B2B for 14 days? A lot more choices then.

There are limited longer cruises. But, LOTS of the same ole 7 days to various Islands.

I am guessing this party due to supply and demand. You might notice that pricing on the longer cruises seems to be very good from the customer standpoint. Less people willing to take that much time, or spend for extra days.

I agree. We really try to avoid the regular 7 day cruises.

The cruise lines that cater to younger passengers/ families have less time for vacations, so they offer mostly shorter cruises- 3, 4, 5 6 and 7 day. Those that attract an older crowd with more time for vacations offer the longer cruises with a bigger variety of itineraries- why we started to cruise Princess and X . Although we are booked on a 12 day on the Gem. This one is more for convenience with not having to fly. We have been to the poc for this cruise sooo may times before.

Go for the repo cruises. They are generally longer than 7 days.

OP already stated that their schedule isn't too flexible so I'm guessing that repos are also already ruled out. NCL doesn't have too many longer cruises available other than during off-season or in the very middle of the winter.

I don't think it is an issue with demographics, as I see all ages on NCL and don't seem them actively trying to attract one age group over another. I think it is more that what you want something they may not be not offering.

I'm on a November 20th 11 day cruise on NCL to the Caribbean, so the longer trips are out there, I guess it just depends where you want to go and when. I have to agree that airfare costs are getting more and more expensive.

I also cruise on Celebrity and you will love it. If you've never cruised with them, it is a different experiences, but well worth it.

Look at combing b2b cruise using two cruise lines which we have done in the past.

Example would be round trip Miami on one line then take shuttle to Ft Lauderdale to catch another line. Shuttle to/from is very reasonable and reliable with many shuttle's back and forth.

Then look at the one way flight costs and or shuttle it back to Miami to use a return flight.

We are in the same boat flying from Canada and the expensive air costs.

The other choice we have done is cruise one week and land vacation one week.

I am in total agreement with the OP. We cruise NCL because we have really liked the 10-11 day cruises in February. We fly to Miami or FLL, have a favorite hotel that we stay at for a week before and a week after. However, for 2015 our cruise was canceled due to a charter, and to get a longer cruise we had to book a b2b. We cannot afford this again.

I thought the reason there are not many 10-12 day cruises in 2015 is that the Pearl was chartered out for events during January and February of 2015. The Pearl was the only ship doing the long itineraries from Miami. The others are from NY I believe.

It makes more sense for the Pearl to run the 7 day routes in the future as most charters are 3-7 days, not 10-12. We wanted to go on the Pearl as well this year and had picked a cruise, but then read it had been chartered so we went with a PC cruise for 15 days on the Star.

Hopefully you will see some longer cruises for the Caribbean next year. We are hoping as well.

Would love to see ncl change up ports. Getting very tired of same old--same old, and really don't feel like flying someplace to first start a cruise. NY Port spoiled me

Safe sailing

We'd love to see some new ports too - I'm a teacher, and would LOVE to take a Southern Caribbean cruise, but the times never add up with our days off. We've done the Costa Maya, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel trip several times - and the Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Cozumel trip twice - it would be great to see some different islands on a 7 day cruise.

Guess I'll have to wait 7 more years until I retire ~ counting down the days.:D

Edited by Tricialy

I agree with you. We were looking for a 10- or 11-day for next november. We have a choice of 2. Just 2. I would love to see more of these, including Aruba, Costa Rica, and ports close by. The same old Caribbean ports are just ... boring. Truth be told, we would not even be sailing the Escape next year, but rather X or Royal, but for the fact that I cannot sign a waiver for a then 18-year old to drink.

We are having the same issue except we are on the west coast. We really prefer cruises that are longer than 10 days. I also wish NCL cruised out of San Francisco. Princess seems to be the mainline that does and I haven't heard good things about them. Plus the prices of the suites are much higher than NCL and I am not sure I would be happy in anything less now that I have been spoiled by NCL.

We are having the same issue except we are on the west coast. We really prefer cruises that are longer than 10 days. I also wish NCL cruised out of San Francisco. Princess seems to be the mainline that does and I haven't heard good things about them. Plus the prices of the suites are much higher than NCL and I am not sure I would be happy in anything less now that I have been spoiled by NCL.

Princess is ok. The ships are beautiful ... it's just everything is dead at 10pm.