OOOpps! Need Help LAX

Almost Packed

I waited too long to book Carnival transfers so now I'm looking for other options. My fault. I know better but it is what it is.

My husband and son (10) will be cruising on Carnival Imagination this Saturday (October 31).

I need to find them transportation to and from the port-Long Beach.

I'm trying to keep it easy for him and budget friendly (he's traveling without me God help him) He's use to me doing everything lol.

They will arrive very early Saturday morning.

Options?

Can he just pick up a super shuttle or similar there at the airport? I am trying to avoid the cab as those seem to be very expensive.

I need cheap and easy lol. :eek::eek:

Thanks in advance for your speedy help.

If you look down the board SuperShuttle and execucar are recommended every day. At this late date, however, you are very limited. I would call SuperShuttle right now.

A taxi will always take you. It just won't be cheap.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I waited too long to book Carnival transfers so now I'm looking for other options. My fault. I know better but it is what it is.

My husband and son (10) will be cruising on Carnival Imagination this Saturday (October 31).

I need to find them transportation to and from the port-Long Beach.

I'm trying to keep it easy for him and budget friendly (he's traveling without me God help him) He's use to me doing everything lol.

They will arrive very early Saturday morning.

Options?

Can he just pick up a super shuttle or similar there at the airport? I am trying to avoid the cab as those seem to be very expensive.

I need cheap and easy lol. :eek::eek:

Thanks in advance for your speedy help.

Contact SuperShuttle or PrimeTime Shuttle and you will still probably be able to make them a reservation...

If not, they can still probably catch a shuttle to the port...

All they have to do is get their luggage and go out to the curb...They will see large signs that say SuperShuttle/PrimeTime Shuttle...Tell them to just go there and tell them they need a ride to the pier in Long Beach...It is fairly cheap...$17 per person each way on SuperShuttle...Cheap...Easy...

There are shuttle buses outside the airport terminals...so even without a reservation they can get on when there's space. Make sure your husband tells the driver they need to go to the Port of LONG BEACH (else, he may be taken to the Port of Los Angeles).

Hopefully there won't be any flight delays. I would be more concerned with that possibility.

Uber.

As of October 18, Uber and Lyft still will not pick up at LAX. They are "approved" but have not received "final" authorization. When I tried to call up their apps, nothing would come up available.

When we arrived that Sunday afternoon, the Prime Time and Super Shuttle people did not seem interested in calling up a shuttle for Orange County.

So,

We took the free airport shuttle out to the Green Line then called Uber. Kind of a hassle with luggage. You can also take the shuttle out to the remote parking lot.

Uber and Lyft are expected to be able to pick up soon - once they figure out how to pay LAX the $4 pick up and drop off fee.