My power strip was taken at check in :-(

Propro

Oasis of the Seas check in today and I had a power strip in my carry on. It wasn't a surge protector, just a strip. It was spottted by x-ray and they told me I couldn't bring any power strip or extension cord on the ship since they claim it's a fire hazard. They tagged it and gave me a receipt so I can claim it after the cruise. Not enough outlets in this room.

Oasis of the Seas check in today and I had a power strip in my carry on. It wasn't a surge protector, just a strip. It was spottted by x-ray and they told me I couldn't bring any power strip or extension cord on the ship since they claim it's a fire hazard. They tagged it and gave me a receipt so I can claim it after the cruise. Not enough outlets in this room.

There should also be an outlet near the bed on Oasis.

Try packing in Checked luggage next cruise....always works for us

Try packing in Checked luggage next cruise....always works for us

Our power strip was confiscated from our checked luggage on Serenade earlier this year. They said it was recently added to the banned list of items. I had to go down to the room to identify it and get a receipt for it. They had it for me when I walked off the ship last day. It had always made it through in checked luggage previously. Not anymore...

This must have been a new rule. I took a power strip on with me onto the Grandeur on August 17th. No problems. I had it in my carryon luggage. Sorry to hear that they are not allowed any longer. They are a lot easier to use than the plugs in the cabin and, sometimes, you need extra plugs to charge up your cameras and phones.

Now some models of Samsung phones are not allowed onboard. I read where someone was using it for photos only but nope still not allowed

I wonder what they are going to do about the Apple iphones now....which most of us have. On the news this morning ...with the same problem.

This must have been a new rule. I took a power strip on with me onto the Grandeur on August 17th. No problems. I had it in my carryon luggage. Sorry to hear that they are not allowed any longer. They are a lot easier to use than the plugs in the cabin and, sometimes, you need extra plugs to charge up your cameras and phones.

Not a new rule...just inconsistancy in its enforcement.

Sorry this happened. ...just curious though. I can think of at least 4 outlets in the cabin. How many things do you need plugged in at any one given time? :confused:

I only saw 3 together on the desk and that won't work for our 3 devices since one has an oversized adapter. I just found the plug under the table so we are set. I don't see one near the bed though.

I only saw 3 together on the desk and that won't work for our 3 devices since one has an oversized adapter. I just found the plug under the table so we are set. I don't see one near the bed though.

Oasis definitely has a plug near the bed, they finally put one there for all those CPAP users. I think it is a little hidden by the mattress. It could also be a little hidden depending if you have the beds together or separated. Keep looking, it is there!:)

Belkin Mini plug is where its at no cord never had a problem plus its got USB outlets on it for all your extra electronics you can charge .

I have taken that one on two RCCL (including Oasis) and one CCL without an issue. Going on Allure in 29 days so will let you know if it makes it.

I like seeing the table of confiscated items waiting for people at the end of the cruise. My favorite was seeing the waffle maker when getting off of Jewel in San Juan in 2014.

Can't stop laughing. A WAFFLE IRON !! I can't even think of a reason why.

Edited by maria1122

Belkin Mini plug is where its at no cord never had a problem plus its got USB outlets on it for all your extra electronics you can charge .

I believe the Belkin also has a surge protector which means it's not safe for marine use. At least that's what I've read on CC...