transportation from LAX to san pedro.....

cabinboy1945

there's the basic taxi, uber, and lyft, and there's also shuttle services (both shared and private). If you look on the western destinations and do a search on "shuttles," you'll get a lot of advice on different services.

The last time we were using a land transportation company (from the San Fernando Valley to San Pedro -- which is an hour's drive), I emailed many of the companies and asked what the rate would be for point-to-point for the number of passengers and approximate pieces of luggage. There's only one company I didn't bother with (Prime Time) as we've had a major problem with them on a previous cruise.

what do most of you do for transportation from airport to hotels? is there a certain shuttle service for all hotels and areas that can be used? lyft,uber and taxis?

Lots of options.

There are a few shuttle services. One of them is super shuttle at http://www.supershuttle.com

Other options include:

Uber, Lyft, Taxis and private car services such as execucar at http://www.execucar.com

We use execucar in Los Angeles.

Keith

Everyone has their own preference how to travel between the airport and cruise port.

We always take a town car, and usually find it as inexpensive as a crowed shuttle, and sometimes cost less.

I don't like shuttles so we don't book them, always a private car.:)

Super Shuttle and Prime Time are the two largest shuttle services in this area and both charge about 17 dollars fro. LAX to San Pedro.

They both do a lot of business, so they must please many people.

Uber and Lyft also do a lot of business, but I am not familiar with either of them.

I took Supershuttle from LAX to the hotel I was staying at about 1/2 mile from Port of LA in San Pedro in January. Port of LA is right next to the Port of San Pedro.

Very happy with Super Shuttle. I think the cost was $17 + tip.

I took Supershuttle from LAX to the hotel I was staying at about 1/2 mile from Port of LA in San Pedro in January. Port of LA is right next to the Port of San Pedro.

$17 pp plus tip is what we paid for the supershuttle last year

Actually, the port of LA is in San Pedro, which is a community of Los Angeles (also referred to as "The Harbor"). There's no "Port of San Pedro." But there is a Port of Long Beach.

Have never used Uber/Lyft and wife's bucket cruise is a 14-15 day LAX-Hawaii cruise is something we're considering so we're interested in transportation between airport/hotel (we always fly in a day early) then from local hotel to cruise port. So, my question is, with the above named companies, do you haggle/barter with driver OR is the charge quoted a standard rate depending on # of passengers (probably 3) and 3 large and 2 smaller cary-on bags. Just curious about which would be cheaper? Above mentioned OR Hotel shuttle from airport/then private to cruise port? Thanks for any info or comparison;)

Mac