Tour Company Help Please

nyyhoneybee

Viator is a booking agent that contracts with local companies. So, your tour won't be conducted by Viator, but by another company. Personally, I like to book directly rather than through a middleman. (of course, I rarely if ever take organised tours, but that's another conversation...)

Viator is a booking agent that contracts with local companies. So, your tour won't be conducted by Viator, but by another company. Personally, I like to book directly rather than through a middleman. (of course, I rarely if ever take organised tours, but that's another conversation...)

I thought that might be the case. They were the cheapest for what I'm looking to do from what I can find. Hubby feels safer with organized tours.

We are looking to go see Girona & Costa Brava

check out Barcelona day tours

they are frequently recommended on here,you can sign up on individual basis and they do several trips for cruisers including Girona and Costa Brava

I used them last time we were in Barcelona. They want double the price from what I found

I would never book with a company like Viatour they are just a booking agent.

I'd be looking at going to Girona on public transport and once there it is very easy to get around as it's not a huge town.

I can't imagine what is going to be unsafe?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked 2 tours with Barcelona Day tours for our upcoming trip based on the reviews here. We’ve been happy with them thus far as they have been very responsive, and the price is lower than Viator. My friend used Viator last year for 2 tours and was very happy with them. However, like previous posters, I went directly with the local.

We took a fabulous all day tour through ViaTour. It was excellent! Our guide was a local whose family lived in Barcelona for generations. We later took a couple ship sponsored tours while they were good the guides were not like Joseph.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We have taken many Viator tours over the years and most of them have been very good. If you research the various tour companies in Barcelona and then look at Viator, you can often figure out which tour company that Viator is selling. The descriptions on the Viator site are generally the same verbatim that you find on the company's website. You can then read the reviews of that company to decide if you want to book with them.

One nice thing about using Viator is that they do offer 100% refund if you cancel within 7 days. If a tour cancels, which did happen to us once, they refunded our money the same day.

All that being said, we do book directly most of the time. It may be a bit more expensive than what you've found on Viator, but sometimes you get what you pay for.