Purchased Cheers Package - Do I buy bottled water to have in the room separately?

arbelcher

Could I ask a bartender for 6 bottles of water and it's included in the package? Does it go against the 15 drink limit per person? Or, since its water, it doesn't matter?

It does not count against your 15 drinks. IMO, pre-ordering a package is a waste of money if you are getting Cheers. You can just grab one at every bar you pass on your way to the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can't have it delivered to the room for free but you can pickup bottles at any bar which is included.

Is this correct? Seems like we have in the past purchased several 12-packs pre-cruise and they were delivered to our cabin without charge. Has this changed?

Is this correct? Seems like we have in the past purchased several 12-packs pre-cruise and they were delivered to our cabin without charge. Has this changed?

I think they were saying that you have to pay for the water where with Cheers you can grab a bottle free as part of it.

You can't have it delivered to the room for free but you can pickup bottles at any bar which is included.

Yes, that is correct. You cannot get a 12 pack of water as part of the Cheers package. You can PURCHASE a 12 pack of water and have it delivered to your cabin.

Nope. I have always paid for my water that is delivered to the room even with the Cheers package.

Will bartenders ever let you get a cocktail and a water bottle at the same time (meaning not wait the 5 minutes in-between)? I know technically against the rules but will some bend this rule on occasion? I'm in the habit of getting a water bottle with each alcoholic drink I purchase to help me not get totally drunk too quickly lol....

Will bartenders ever let you get a cocktail and a water bottle at the same time (meaning not wait the 5 minutes in-between)? I know technically against the rules but will some bend this rule on occasion? I'm in the habit of getting a water bottle with each alcoholic drink I purchase to help me not get totally drunk too quickly lol....

You’d have to get it at the same time

I could always buy my Cheers drink and a free pop or water for my son on our last cruise and never had any problems. [emoji846] This upcoming B2B Cruise however, I’m going to order 12 bottles water and 6 Cokes to be delivered to our room because sometimes early in the morning I like to just go straight to the balcony with a water or pop.

Remember Red level (second cruise, and up) cruisers get a liter of bottled water in their cabin gratis! You don't want to wind up with too much water. We did, once. If you are reluctant to pay the ~$5 for a case of delivered water, you won't want to leave water that you paid for behind (if you are flying), either.

We always get cheers and I always get a 12 pack to be delivered as well. I just like having plenty of water around, and it's so cheap. We always cruise out of galveston so cheers doesn't start our first day, so another reason. But it's just handy to have, and I don't worry about not drinking it all, it's fine if we leave a few bottles. On port days, I take our free liter that we get since it's larger.

I could sort of see buying bottled water even with Cheers if you cruise from a state where Cheers doesn't start until day 2, but otherwise it's a waste of money. And even then paying $50+ per person per day for Cheers I can't see paying an extra cent for beverages.

The instant you board with Cheers (again assuming a standard cruise where Cheers starts at embarkation) you can start picking up bottles before your room is even ready. It's easy to have 6 bottles of water in your hand when you get to your stateroom. Bottles of water are UNLIMITED with cheers, you could get one every 5 minutes for the duration of your cruise if you wanted to. All you'd owe for the first few are sales tax, since tax is charged while you're in the homeport.

• 11 months later...