celarain lighthouse cozumel.

Beautybybrenda

This is our first cruise. We are in Cozumel Tuesday on norweguan pearl. We are wanting to go to celarain lighthouse. I checked with taxi tour he said $120 for first 3 hrs I’m not sure we need that cs we just rent a taxi and a taxi back ? How long would we want to be there. Thank you

This is our first cruise. We are in Cozumel Tuesday on norweguan pearl. We are wanting to go to celarain lighthouse. I checked with taxi tour he said $120 for first 3 hrs I’m not sure we need that cs we just rent a taxi and a taxi back ? How long would we want to be there. Thank you

The lighthouse is at Punta Sur.

You could get a taxi from dispatch for about $35 each way but be sure to arrange a pick up for return, or better still a taxi with waiting, since you cannot be sure there will be taxis waiting there for return and cell phone service is limited. Not something I would be willing to risk on a cruise ship day.

Be aware you will need to pay entrance fee for Punta Sur in addition.

A private driver arranged in advance, with English speaking driver, which is how we have done it will have a 3 hour minimum. We use ToursPlaza and they list $107 for three hours for up to 4 people on their website. In 3 hours you probably have time to do a full circuit of the island if you don’t stop for lunch.

• 3 weeks later...
Blue Ribbon Cruiser, sorry, I did not see your reply until just now.

Do you have an idea of the cost of the entrance fee?

That sounds like a good suggestion to check with Tours Plaza.

Entrance fee to the park is $14.

http://www.cozumelparks.com/punta-sur/

It has been some years since we visited. I don’t recall any extra fee for the lighthouse and there is a small museum at the bottom. Well worth the climb to the top for the view but it was a little difficult at the top if I remember correctly.

Eduardo at ToursPlaza could certainly give you more recent information regarding cost etc. and would provide a driver that would wait and take you on a ride round the island if you required.

We was so last minute we rented scooter. They said $50 had to be back by 4 pm. But then added $5 for gas and $5 for taxes so was $60. Was $14 each to get in Punta Sur. Be careful to be on your the right route. We was wrong direction on way back. (Police was giving ticket til I was crying and saying do not have the cash left to pay) Leave enough time to go all the way around island if doing scooter. Was very worth the money and time to go to punta sur. Just beautiful. Be aware if climbing the light house that at the top it is a small opening like window to climb out of.

I was going to suggest Plaza Tours, but I see someone else has already mentioned it. We planned to use them in a couple weeks. I have good reviews on them as well. I will only say my drawback with them was you have to use Pal Pal. If you have that, then you are fine. I talked to my d-i-l, and she told me the best way was to register for Pal Pal before I do the cruise, then there is no problem with them getting their money, and they will definitely be there to get you, and take you back, as we have corresponded several times about this. I feel good in using them.