Greek Isles in October

We usually vacation in theCaribbean or have cruised there. We are going completely different this timewith our fall cruise from Rome, doing the Greek Isles. In the past we’ve livedin swimsuits all day on the ship and then even in most of the ports. I assumeit will be warm in the solarium pool area, but will probably also be verycrowded. Can you still lay in the sun in that area or would you have to find anot so windy spot on another deck?

Did you find yourselfstill in swimwear most of the day? Can anyone offer some insight about howcooler temperatures might impact our time on the ship and what we wear?

We did a late Autumn cruise out of Rome a few years ago and temps were in the 70's most days. Pool decks were pretty busy. That being said weather is obviously variable, but the Greek Isles are pretty far south and I would expect it to be pretty warm in October.

You can wear a swimsuit anywhere in Greece if it is warm enough its not going to cause offence! It could be lovely warm weather - also, enjoy those sunsets, its a beautiful place and I am sure you will have a great time. It will be less crowded that time of year too, and less heat means you can explore comfortably. Which islands will you be visiting?

Greek islands in October are really quite pleasant obviously the earlier in the month a degree or two warmer the weather would probably be.

With regards to swimsuits in Greek islands wearing them is never a problem.

At the beach of course, in cities and villages not really, especially if you ask a Greek. But this is not the topic here anyway...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At the beach of course, in cities and villages not really, especially if you ask a Greek. But this is not the topic here anyway...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At the beach of course.

In cities and villages wear attire for the dress code as not to upset anyone especially if visiting churches or cathedrals.

We usually vacation in theCaribbean or have cruised there. We are going completely different this timewith our fall cruise from Rome, doing the Greek Isles. In the past we’ve livedin swimsuits all day on the ship and then even in most of the ports. I assumeit will be warm in the solarium pool area, but will probably also be verycrowded. Can you still lay in the sun in that area or would you have to find anot so windy spot on another deck?

Did you find yourselfstill in swimwear most of the day? Can anyone offer some insight about howcooler temperatures might impact our time on the ship and what we wear?

Early October will be 70f +.

Late October high 60s to mid 70s.

The Greek islands will be fine then and quieter if you go before 20th October because last week in October is schools holidays and very busy.

When our son was younger we regularly cruised in the med the last week of October as that is UK school holidays. We took several cruises out of Rome and Venice with stops in Greece and on all of those cruises we had nice sunny weather with temps in the low to mid 70s. I do remember one year the crew saying how lucky we were as the week before it had rained for the whole cruise, so you could be unlucky but chances are you will have nice weather.

Shorts and T shirts are fine to wear around any of the ports of call, as with anywhere if you are visiting religious sites you should cover up a bit more.

Julie

We did a cruise out of Istanbul in Sep/Oct of 2014 that included the Aegean and Black Sea. We were in the Aegean in late September and Black Sea in October.

When we docked in Mykonos it was 80 plus degrees F.