Carnival laundry service

MaiTaiMary

Fifteen dollars is correct. They use hot water and very hot dryers. That's the only way they do it, They don't sort colors either. Whatever you send, they put it in a mesh bag and toss the bag in with a whole bunch of other bags. They do have laundry facilities that you can wash your own clothes if you don't want to risk having anything ruined by the heat.

Anytime we have sent a bag out, the steward picked it up when they cleaned our cabin in the morning and it was back in the cabin when we came back from early seating dinner.

RWolver672 gave a perfect answer! Just be aware - there have been complaints of how things have been shrunk, or discolored when clothes have come back. We love the service, and put undies, socks, shorts, tanks, leggings in each cruise- items that I have already laundered a number of times at home, and won't have a heart attack over if damaged in the wash. We have never had an issue, and love the way the clothes come back compactly folded!

Also just a tip, there is laundry rooms on the ships. The bags they give you that cost $15 to do is fairly small. I used those bags to carry my laundry to the laundry room and wash myself. It cost me $6 to do 3 of those bags (washed and dried). It would of cost $45 had I let Carnival do it for me.

No by the bag price, as it says it varies by ship, but it shows everything else.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1134/~/laundry-service

Yes, there is a by the bag price. What you posted is pricing for individual cleaning. That costs quite a bit more. It's more for dress clothes or if you're real fussy about undergarments.

We have used the $15 bag on several cruises. The trick is to roll the clothes up as tight as you can get them. If you do it right, you can get enough clothes in one bag that after they come back all clean and folded, it takes two or three bags coming back.

Yes, there is a by the bag price. What you posted is pricing for individual cleaning. That costs quite a bit more. It's more for dress clothes or if you're real fussy about undergarments.

We have used the $15 bag on several cruises. The trick is to roll the clothes up as tight as you can get them. If you do it right, you can get enough clothes in one bag that after they come back all clean and folded, it takes two or three bags coming back.

I meant it didn't have a price listed for the by the bag service, it just said the price varied by ship. If I remember correctly, on the Ecstasy last year, it was something like $30 for a bag of laundry, but we got a flyer for 50% off on the last Sea day.

Yep. This is why I never do the ship laundry, except to have things pressed, etc. I hate having to iron on vacation if needed. So I will pay the few $ to have things pressed. But all laundry goes into hot water and hot dryers with harsh cleansers if you use ship laundry. If you are washing cheaper items you don't mind putting through that kind of stress, no problem. I'm not trying to be flippant or some sort of jack bleep saying that. Its just that I like to hang on to my money and over the years, I've come to realize I can buy a $15 t-shirt from Lands End that will last 3 summers versus a $10 one from Target that barely lasts one. Same concept with khakis and polos and other garments. I won't even let other people shine my dress shoes. I about vomited when I paid $300 for 2 pairs of Johnston Murphy dress shoes 10 years back. And another $100 for the shoe trees and polishing kit. But I have all of it 10 years later. And the shoes look great. Just think of how much buying cheaper dress shoes every few years for 10 years would have cost comparison. Sorry for ranting. Just that I wouldn't trust the ship's laundry on anything you don't want wrecked. Others who have actually tried it may have different experiences.

It is my understanding that on Carnival, there are washers and dryers where you can do your own, correct? I would and may do that when we sail this August.