Freedom or Legend? Book early or last minute?

Mrs. Ram

Hi everyone! I have been on several cruises but have not had the nerve to wait until the last minute to book but in this case we are in a good situation to do so if we want. We are going for my daughter's 1st Birthday (more for us of course) because my husband is in the military and will be away at school for her B-day. Seeing as my DD is only 1 year old and we have to pay full price for her, we want to get the cheapest possible rate. What do you think? Book now or wait until the last minute and see what deal we can get? Remember we want to go around mid April and I have never been this time of year before. We are not worried about going on a particular cruise so I am not looking at this as availability being the problem. My parents will be joining us as well and we are staying in one cabin.

Next big question...Carnival Freedom or Legend?!

Since April is a popular time to cruise (Spring Break and all) I would find a ship/price I liked and book now. Also, there are a lot of past guest specials out there right now to be had. You can always watch for price drops later on and call your ta or pvp if you see one.

I haven't been on the Freedom, but I loved the Legend. You can't go wrong there!

What are the itineraries on the two ships? What do you enjoy doing on shore? What do you enjoy doing on the ship? What is important to you?

It is virtually impossible for people to help with a ship question without having more information. All you'll get will be a lot of opinion as to what THEY like, but not much about what YOU would like, because we can't figure that out without more info.

Someone just posted about a new "early booking" program Carnival is starting on Monday. If you pick a date and ship and KNOW that you won't change it, it seems like a great way to get the best rate - book early but get price drops in the form of onboard credits, which can be used for tips, beverages, excursions, pictures, etc.

hi, just off the legend and we loved it. no waiting to get on or off ship, never a line for dining or buffet or shows always available clean tables with silverware and waiters and waitresses with refills of danish juice and hot and cold drinks. service was the best we have ever had on a ship. many activities to keep busy all day long. jseaya

Hi everyone! I have been on several cruises but have not had the nerve to wait until the last minute to book but in this case we are in a good situation to do so if we want. We are going for my daughter's 1st Birthday (more for us of course) because my husband is in the military and will be away at school for her B-day. Seeing as my DD is only 1 year old and we have to pay full price for her, we want to get the cheapest possible rate. What do you think? Book now or wait until the last minute and see what deal we can get? Remember we want to go around mid April and I have never been this time of year before. We are not worried about going on a particular cruise so I am not looking at this as availability being the problem. My parents will be joining us as well and we are staying in one cabin.

Next big question...Carnival Freedom or Legend?!

If you are flexible on the ship and don't need to purchase air - I'd wait and look for a deal.

I would say the Legend would be the way to go. I took the Miracle, sister ship, out of Tampa as well and the whole trip from start to finish was fantastic. The Tampa port has it together and you just cannot beat a Spirit class ship. Have fun!

We like the Spirit class ships too. We did book last minute on the Miracle and got a GREAT deal, but it was during hurricane season, mid Sept.

My suggestion, would be to pick a week or two that you wanted to cruise, then pick several cruises you would be willing to sail on, then sit back and wait. We have done this several times. We don't always get the ship we want, but we save a LOT of money by booking last minute...........

Archived