Volcanic ash

lucyd

I have read that some recent CruiseLine's have altered their Hawaii itinerary to avoid Hilo and Kona due to greater levels of volcanic smog, which has been affecting the air quality throughout the southern part of the island.

Does anyone have information regarding changes to HAL's Hawaii cruise itineraries?

I have read that some recent CruiseLine's have altered their Hawaii itinerary to avoid Hilo and Kona due to greater levels of volcanic smog, which has been affecting the air quality throughout the southern part of the island.

Does anyone have information regarding changes to HAL's Hawaii cruise itineraries?

The airlines are still flying into Kona & Hilo . Think your best answer would be to call HAL in Seattle to inquire about the air quality for their cruise passengers

I am on the September 29th Sailing out of Seattle to Hawaii.

I have not received any notification from Hal that the plan on canceling or change. I have always been notified if changes occur on the sailing. The notification usually comes closer to the sailing date.

Scientists at Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park on Friday downgraded the threat from Kilauea Volcano from the highest level of a “warning” to a “watch” following three weeks of decreasing activity. That could change if Kilauea becomes more active again, but things are looking more positive for cruisers.