Evening Chic

yanan31359

I don't even think Carnival allows t-shirts or sneakers. If you go on Crystal, you'll have nothing to worry about - even me in jeans and golf shirts.

Good one. That’s why there’s chocolate and vanilla. Let’s enjoy whatever journey we choose!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On quiet cruises with lots of sea days (such as the relocation cruise from the Mediterranean to the Middle East) people seem to dress up more than on ‘busy’ cruises where people are off the ship every day, often coming back late in the afternoon or in the early evening.

With all respect Grandma Cruising, if a guest that had been on shore shopping, sightseeing or partaking in a long or short organized tour hadn't budgeted the few minutes it takes to 'freshen up' (a shower comes to mind) and change into appropriate clothing for dinner I wouldn't want them to be seated next to you or me at dinner. Few [if any] tours run so late that a guest would be late for dinner. Need more time getting ready for dinner? While it's sometimes difficult :rolleyes:, one could always skip that last cocktail they were enjoying at the pool bar :eek::eek:

If you are late arriving at your table because you wanted to look nice at dinner [after one of those difficult non sea days] all that need be said is, 'Sorry I'm late but I needed a few extra minutes to get ready for dinner this evening'.

My bet is that you're tablemates will understand and nod approvingly.

Not wanting to sit next to someone because they may have different taste in clothes seems a tad superficial to me. I would prefer to sit next to someone, interesting, funny and kind hearted however they dress, remember “clothes do not make the man (or women)”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

Not wanting to sit next to someone because they may have different taste in clothes seems a tad superficial to me. I would prefer to sit next to someone, interesting, funny and kind hearted however they dress, remember “clothes do not make the man (or women)”

More than a "tad" superficial, I'd say. Agree completely with your posting.

If someone would like cruise ship passengers to change outfits multiple times every day and wear tails to dinner, feel free to start a thread and state your thoughts. But when a poster asks whether a certain clothing item will be allowed in the dining room, the answer is either yes or no, depending solely on the cruise line's dress code. No one here should suggest they wear something else, or tell them what they or their DH or DW or partner or whoever wears implying that the poster should, too. That's rude and condescending.

• Like 1

I hope I'm seated next to you on my next cruise! :D

I have a feeling the Poster was referring to the odor factor, not to a person’s mode of dress. Possibly?

I have a feeling the Poster was referring to the odor factor, not to a person’s mode of dress. Possibly?

Really, the OP's question has been answered and it is time to move on, but I'm left wondering why one might think 'nice jeans' might be more an odor factor risk than chinos and a collared shirt. Is there a shower and laundry code along with the dress code?

Asking for a friend.......

Melissa

Amen!! Some of the most interesting people I've ever met had what I considered very different taste in attire!!! They were more about experiences than appearances.