Need suggestions for parking @ Port of Miami

jherndon73

Can anyone recommend a good parking garage that is trust worthy near the port of Miami? We're hoping to avoid the $20/day at the port, but reading some of the reviews of the other garages doesn't sound promising. Last time we cruised for Miami we left our car at the hotel - this time we are not staying overnight in Miami, we'll be driving down from Orlando. Thanks in advance!

We generally never park at the port since most local Florida ports have excellent off-site options. We did not find that to be the case in Miami. We did the research as well and decided to use the port parking garage and walk across the street to the ship. It seems to be the best option, unless something's changed since we last sailed from Miami in Jan. 2017.

I live in Broward County and drive to the port. I have not found an off-site parking facility that I would use again. Door dings, infrequent shuttles and one time 15 extra miles on my vehicle

I park at the port now and by the way, parking is now $22 a day.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

We have used parkwayparking.com.

The cars are parked in a huge garage.

The free shuttle is quick both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the quick reply! We were looking at parkway and chatted with them tonight - they said they are moving to a covered garage next week that is close to the port. $4.95/day was really cheap compared to the others, so had me real skeptical. Will have to reconsider.

I live in Broward County and drive to the port. I have not found an off-site parking facility that I would use again. Door dings, infrequent shuttles and one time 15 extra miles on my vehicle

I park at the port now and by the way, parking is now $22 a day.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the quick response, and honest feedback. You echo everything I've read online, door dings, long waits for shuttles, etc. We are leaning towards sucking up the $22/day for the peace of mind! thanks again!

We generally never park at the port since most local Florida ports have excellent off-site options. We did not find that to be the case in Miami. We did the research as well and decided to use the port parking garage and walk across the street to the ship. It seems to be the best option, unless something's changed since we last sailed from Miami in Jan. 2017.

I appreciate the quick response! Sounds like the $22/day may be worth it for the peace of mind and ease!

Just went through this process. Looked at lots of options from hotel cruise package, private garages, even parking at the airport. Could not really justify any of it. I may have been able to save a few bucks, but ultimately decided to park at the port so I was in control of ground transportation. It is worth saying that I had a 12 hour drive home, so saving the time was wiry something too.

I will re-iterate the suggestion to park at the pier. we cruise out of Miami frequently and have heard too many horror stories from fellow cruisers about the problems they’ve encountered with off-site parking establishments.

We park at the pier and enjoy our cruise knowing (hopefully) that when we get home, the car is there and unmanaged. Yes, it’s pricy, but IMHO it’s worth it.

FLL....now there’s another story!!

We only live 2 1/2 hrs away and always get a hotel. La Quinta Airport East is usually under $120 a night and offers free parking, breakfast and a shuttle to the pier. Return shuttle is $10 but we always use Uber/Lyft for about $30. Never had an issue. So for less than parking at the pier (10 night cruise), we get to start our vacation a day early.

enjoy

Wondering is anyone has tried Snooze and Cruise at Red Roof Plus? They have a shuttle and will let you leave your car there for a bundled price. Safe? Dont know.

We went through this in January and ended up parking at port for $22 a day. Was a nightmare getting to port but once there was fine.

Any more tips on Red Roof or another Snooze and Cruise motel would be great.

Wondering is anyone has tried Snooze and Cruise at Red Roof Plus? They have a shuttle and will let you leave your car there for a bundled price. Safe? Dont know.

We went through this in January and ended up parking at port for $22 a day. Was a nightmare getting to port but once there was fine.

Any more tips on Red Roof or another Snooze and Cruise motel would be great.

Why was getting to the port a nightmare and what would be different if you were in a hotel/parking lot van?

This was in Jan 2018 for a cruise out of POM. Traffic was bumper to bumper past Ft Lauderdale to POM. Got to port and dead stopped with cabbies trying to merge into already packed traffic lanes. We were not sure what lane tobe in. Thought signs for where to park were not that well marked. This was our first time driving there without doing a shuttle so was difficult for us.

So.. evidently not bad enough to keep us away. Just thought if someone had info on a snooze and cruise it would be helpful...

We live in central Florida. We have done one way rentals up and down and it can sometimes be cheaper. And even if about the same price, we don’t put wear and tear on our car and we don’t risk getting dinged etc.

But we also have parked at the port and it is very nice and easy.

We are in Central Fl too and use one way rentals too. We use Avis and is way cheaper than paying for parking. They now even have shuttle to/from port from their in town location. We usually go a day early and drop off car and stay at nearby Hyatt (using points-free) then Uber to port.

I agree, look into a one way rental or just park at the port. We have had our car damaged in Miami trying to save money and parking off site. It is not worth it at all. The port's covered parking is nice, and it is great walking off the ship and having your car right there...undamaged.

We've parked at Safe Cruise Parking and Premier Cruise Parking. We've never had an issue with either company.

Same here. For us there is a convience with parking with them. They pick us up right outside of the terminal and we don’t have to fight the traffic in and out of the port.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I will second parking at the port. You might be able to save a couple of bucks a day to park off site. But the port garage is really nice, secure and it is extremely convenient. I have driven down from VA many times and parked at the port. It just works out well for us.

MIA is a nightmare. So bad, that we may never cruise from there again. Maybe we have bad luck, but traffic is a awful, off site parking site is not reliable. Long waits to shuttle to the pier and long waits for pickup at pier back to parking garage. If we ever cruise from MIA again we will just suck it up and pay the parking fee at the port. Most of our cruises from MIA are TA's , so since we live in Florida we just drive, spend the night, drop the rental car off and take hotel transportation to the pier. We even had hotel staff tell us the last time we were in MIA, it is easier to just get transportation from FLL to MIA.

We will be parking at the port next year for a cruise in March. Have cruised many times out of Miami but never parked at the cruise. We are driving from Sarasota. What time would you recommend getting to the port to avoid the worst of the traffic?

we will be parking at the port next year for a cruise in march. Have cruised many times out of miami but never parked at the cruise. We are driving from sarasota. What time would you recommend getting to the port to avoid the worst of the traffic?

9:30-10am