Negative experience with Buyreservation.Com!

Be aware that while they advertise a Park, Snooze and Cruise Package, and state on the 'package details' page that there MAY be a transfer (transport to/from the cruise port) charge, that transfer fee is NOT stated clearly on the individual hotel listings! The fees for parking and additional nights parking ARE clearly stated, but only the port transfer times are stated, not the transfer charges!

I am aware that many of you will say, "Well duh! Do your homework!" but MANY first time cruisers, or first time park and cruisers, wouldn't know any better and wouldn't know where to start, or that they may be comparing packages that may or may not include transfers.

BE AWARE! I will be avoiding BuyReservations.com in the future as I feel the website is deliberately deceptive.

Edited by LiamsMommy2008
Clarity

Be aware that while they advertise a Park, Snooze and Cruise Package, and state on the 'package details' page that there MAY be a transfer (transport to/from the cruise port) charge, that transfer fee is NOT stated clearly on the individual hotel listings! The fees for parking and additional nights parking ARE clearly stated, but only the port transfer times are stated, not the transfer charges!

I am aware that many of you will say, "Well duh! Do your homework!" but MANY first time cruisers, or first time park and cruisers, wouldn't know any better and wouldn't know where to start, or that they may be comparing packages that may or may not include transfers.

BE AWARE! I will be avoiding BuyReservations.com in the future as I feel the website is deliberately deceptive.

Thank you so much for posting this. I browsed the web site and had trouble finding the transfer costs. I thought it was very deceptive to put the additional transfer costs under a separate link that had to be clicked like this:

Please Check The Transfer(s) That Apply To Your Stay. *Refer to Hotel Transfer Detailsfor more information on this hotel's transfers.

Cape Liberty Cruise Port

Newark International Airport

What many cruisers don't realize is how expensive transportation is in this area. Country Inns charges $17.50/pp each way to Cape Liberty and Embassy Suites charges $20/pp each way. All of the Newark Airport hotels that provide Cape Liberty transfers charge for those transfers in some way. The only third party reseller (buyreservation.com is in this category) that quotes an all inclusive package is Trinityreservations.com, which offers sleep/park/cruise and sleep/cruise options quoted as a tax included price. I recommend them all the time and have personally used them. They are a reputable faith based business.

• 3 months later...