Guest Speakers 2018

David Owl

I am trying to find out who the guest speakers will be on our British Isles trip in July, but the Cunard website only goes as far as April.

I’m pretty sure that in the past the list has gone out about 18 months.

Am I looking in the wrong place ?

I can't find a list of guest speakers for QE that goes beyond April, 2018 either. The Cunard document for QM2 guest speakers goes further out, through mid-September, 2018. But the document for guest speakers on QV that I see only goes as far as February, 2018 so that's an even shorter time frame than the QE guest speaker list.

Regards, John

From my experience, there is more chance of disappointment the further away the listing of speakers is published. There can be many changes, and not just well in advance. On one of our voyages this year, three of the seven listed speakers were not on board. I had checked the list just a few days before we embarked.

There are no speakers listed on the individual cruise pages now either. When did that stop ?

That hasn't stopped entirely. The individual cruise pages for our upcoming QM2 voyages next June include the profiles of the on board speakers. But, yes, there appear to be fewer cruise pages with speaker profiles now than in the past.

Regards, John

Edited by bluemarble

On our cruise in October on QE it stated on Cunard's website that Bill Miller (Marine Historian) was a guest speaker and was looking forward to it but he never appeared and no reason was given why he didnt appear on the cruise.

Oh, No Mr. Bill!!! (to borrow a catch phrase from the American TV show Saturday Night Live). We are on the QM2 21-day voyage New York-Southampton-Norway and back next June. Bill Miller is listed as a guest speaker on all three of the individual 7-day segments of that voyage. I do hope he will be on our voyage, although we have heard him speak once before during the crossing with James Taylor in 2014. Mrs. Bluemarble likes to joke that she took that crossing to see James Taylor while I took it to see Bill Miller.

Regards, John