La Guardia 411 - (congestion/construction issues)

138east

Starting this thread for folks to post about the congestion and current problems at La Guardia due to the construction.

A lot of out of towners have been recently asking questions about LGA, often after they have booked flights and often for same day flights. I'm hoping the New Yorkers who have current experience with the airport will describe the issues.

My questions would be:

1). For folks who must fly in to LGA the day of the cruise (Manhattan and Brooklyn Cruiseport), what would be the latest flight arrival time you would recommend?

2). For folks flying out of LGA after a cruise, what would be the earliest flight time?

3). Cape Liberty Cruiseport - is same day fly in to LGA just not recommended?

4). Comments on Newark (EWR) and JFK options.

LGA (airport): here's one local news link - http://abc7ny.com/news/construction-at-laguardia-airport-causing-gridlock-traffic-nightmares/1482295/

Short answer for ships with 1 PM check-in cutoff time, no later than 10 AM and 11 AM for ships with 2 PM cutoff - at both MCT and BCT (Red Hook) due to construction delays over the new Kosciuszko Bridge on BQE connecting Queens & Brooklyn (to/from Red Hook) DOT's link & status - phrase 1 of 2 to be completed in 2017 - https://www.dot.ny.gov/kbridge

Airport inter-terminal shuttles and MTA buses, rental & hotel shuttles, etc. are all getting caught in all this mess. Between wheels down on the runway, taxiway hold, jetbridge connected & doors open to deplane, walk thru terminal to luggage carousal/arrival level ... all gate-checked bags & luggage are retrieved or delivered downstairs at airline's carousal, allow 15 to 30 minutes - unless CC'ers are travel ultra-light with cabin carry-on.

For next 2 weeks, nearby U.S. Tennis Open could just make matters a little worst on the surrounding highways & some of the secondary access/bypass routes (#7 subway train will be more crowded.) United Nations annual General Assembly meeting mid-September will possibly cause traffic detours on midtown Manhattan, mostly on the East Side & around Queens Midtown Tunnel - just avoid that area and/or use subways to get around.

Authorities had promised fixes & solutions to the unacceptable & dangerous situation at LGA, with travelers getting out of their taxi, car services & private vehicles and walking on the roadways with luggage to reach their airline terminal (a distance of 1/4 or 1/2 mile or more, if they have to cross over the parkway on the other side) ... in bumper-to-bumper traffic. I've seen this personally quite a few times this month driving thru, is just barely moving. Westbound, coming from JFK direction, at peak travel time, it's backed up past the Mobil gas stations to the Marina and coming from Manhattan or eastbound, it's backed up past the Marine Air Terminal exit (and, "local" drivers are trying to get into the airport from 82nd. Street & MAT exit or via airport service roads normally not used by taxis & car services ... everyone getting caught in jams and going nowhere.

For folks disembarking with flights booked (and, cannot be changed to JFK and/or EWR for whatever reasons) - 2 PM would be my recommendations, and, I know some will be doing the Express Walk with Pre-Check status & believed that they can be off their ship by 8:30 and previously made their way to LGA by 9:15 or even 10 AM and made their 10:30 or 11 AM departure. Experienced LGA flyers with good command of ground transportation options ... a good driver, maybe a 1 PM LGA departure time will work.

View along the Grand Central Parkway, westbound near the Marine Air Terminal -

IMG_20160727_084901_zpsrox9nst5.jpg

View toward one of the terminal with construction equipment -

IMG_20160727_084734_zpslnvvw3px.jpg

Airport parking capacity has been reduced by 50%, until the project reached its next major milestone.

Carol ~ I don't have any direct personal experience of LGA (thankfully!), but horrendous traffic backups into and out of the airport have been much in the local news in recent days. Anyone planning a flight in or out of LaGuardia should at least be aware of these issues.

For example--from the New York Times, August 27, 2016:

The most ambitious airport project in the country, an eight-year, $8 billion plan to turn La Guardia into a first-class travel hub, has barely begun, but social media has already been flooded with tales and images of taxis and buses mired in traffic jams, unable to get anywhere near terminals to pick up and drop off passengers.

On Monday, a particularly bad day, some harried travelers abandoned cars and navigated the clogged Grand Central Parkway — the main highway serving La Guardia — on foot with suitcases in tow. Such traffic debacles have become so common that seasoned fliers and travel bloggers have recommended avoiding La Guardia altogether, perhaps for years to come.

The Transportation Security Administration has warned travelers to arrive at La Guardia “a minimum of 2-2 ½ hours” before takeoff, and maybe even earlier around holiday weekends.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/nyregion/la-guardia-airport-reconstruction-drop-your-bags.html?_r=0

Other reports tell much the same story:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/LaGuardia-Airport-Construction-Traffic-Mess-391333262.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/todayinthesky/2016/08/26/laguardia-travelers-beware-rehab-related-chaos/89439672/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/26/laguardia-airport-traffic-danger/

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/8/29/12690084/as-laguardias-traffic-problems-worsen-port-authority-looks-for-solutions

Newark Liberty International (EWR) and JFK each have their own issues, but at least EWR offers straightforward public transportation options (rail and bus) for direct travel into Manhattan, as well as a shorter ride by cab or car service to Cape Liberty.

I work for a company that works for companies that are behind security. I do not have airport ID so I have to go thru the full TSA Monty each time I visit. That said my recent visits to LGA have been terrible. Over 90 minutes in traffic just to get on the airport property.

92nd Street car entrance the major one has been a total screw up. Acutal NYPD directing traffic and any New Yorker knows NYPD beat or RMP cops hate to direct traffic that's for TEA's (Traffic Enforcement Agent "Meter Maids").

I have to fly into LGA Central Terminal (B) on Monday 9/12 and I'm dreading what to do. Take the terminal bus over to Terminal A and get the M60 from its starting point so I have a seat thru the traffic? Black car/Taxi?

Even taxi is not so great as all meter taxi's wanting a fare have to go to the Taxi holding area by Terminal A (Marine Air Terminal) and is dispatched thru that traffic mess when the Taxi starter at each terminal calls for cars.

This is an AM arrival so I will report back a Brooklynite's experience with car service from LGA.

FWIW

Carol ~ I don't have any direct personal experience of LGA (thankfully!), but horrendous traffic backups into and out of the airport have been much in the local news in recent days. Anyone planning a flight in or out of LaGuardia should at least be aware of these issues.

For example--from the New York Times, August 27, 2016:

The most ambitious airport project in the country, an eight-year, $8 billion plan to turn La Guardia into a first-class travel hub, has barely begun, but social media has already been flooded with tales and images of taxis and buses mired in traffic jams, unable to get anywhere near terminals to pick up and drop off passengers.

On Monday, a particularly bad day, some harried travelers abandoned cars and navigated the clogged Grand Central Parkway — the main highway serving La Guardia — on foot with suitcases in tow. Such traffic debacles have become so common that seasoned fliers and travel bloggers have recommended avoiding La Guardia altogether, perhaps for years to come.

The Transportation Security Administration has warned travelers to arrive at La Guardia “a minimum of 2-2 ½ hours” before takeoff, and maybe even earlier around holiday weekends.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/nyregion/la-guardia-airport-reconstruction-drop-your-bags.html?_r=0

Other reports tell much the same story:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/LaGuardia-Airport-Construction-Traffic-Mess-391333262.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/todayinthesky/2016/08/26/laguardia-travelers-beware-rehab-related-chaos/89439672/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/26/laguardia-airport-traffic-danger/

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/8/29/12690084/as-laguardias-traffic-problems-worsen-port-authority-looks-for-solutions

Newark Liberty International (EWR) and JFK each have their own issues, but at least EWR offers straightforward public transportation options (rail and bus) for direct travel into Manhattan, as well as a shorter ride by cab or car service to Cape Liberty.

Agree that EWR best for Manhattan and Cape Liberty. JFK is no prize but I think it would be better for Red Hook Brooklyn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Part of the temporary LGA fixed offered is extra traffic management, which is badly needed as I've seen NYPD Highway Patrol chasing drivers off the shoulders of the parkway (there is a designated & free cellphone lot at LGA, but mostly unused & empty ... no clear signage isn't helping either). Ferry services to/from Manhattan are said to be an option ... has been tried & never popular, and, there is still that last 1/4 to 1/2 mile or more final segment or connection to the terminal (some Delta commuter flights using MAT on the other "side") - same problem with adding "extra" shuttle buses ... as everyone would still be on the shared access/interior roadways, unless they ban all private vehicles/shuttles/taxis/car services. :eek:

Another view of LGA with the constructions & a yellow NYC taxi trying to go the "other" way legally to get into/out of the airport using the "service road" normally not taken ... still, not going anywhere fast. For yellow/green taxi sitting or moving in slow traffic, it's 50 cents for every minute or $15 for 30 minutes worth of extra driving in slower traffic - keep in mind, car services like Dial7 reserved their rights to charge surge pricing (for peak demands, like Uber) or for the extra time needed

IMG_20160727_0847041_zpsyka8uree.jpg

Cape Liberty to LGA with same day departure - transfer costs & logistics aside on weekend, mid or late afternoon flight can work, just be prepare to pay extras (time, tolls & distance) to go around via NJ Turnpike, GW Bridge to bypass the BQE. Weekdays, extra commuter traffic can make this trip a nightmare especially if weather is a factor. Paying the airline a change fee to use EWR (I know, 70% of the gates are United)

JFK from Manhattan is a flat rate with yellow taxi(van) and most of the time, one toll (via Queens Midtown Tunnel) and with multiple airlines to choose (plus, oversea travelers need to use JFK or EWR) whereas EWR - ground transport costs by car service are higher but trip time can be quicker on weekends over JFK ... from Manhattan piers. Red Hook sailings - JFK would be my recommendations, not having to worry about Bayonne Bridge vs. other options getting to EWR.

Those with carry-on luggage & personal bags that can deal with AirTrain, LIRR or NJT going to/from Manhattan piers will have more options with getting to JFK, just like EWR. Until LGA's airport construction reached the next major milestone, the MTA Bus connector to the subway/LIRR to Manhattan is really out of the question.

Coming soon next month - Q70 bus route is scheduled to become a designated SBS services - serving LGA & nearby subways @ Jackson Heights & LIRR connection at Woodside to/from Manhattan, popular for travelers who pack "lightly" - free transfer when coming from the subways using MetroCard. Those @LGA must prepaid before boarding & obtain a receipt, instead of paying with a MetroCard on the bus ... which often slowed down the process. http://www.amny.com/transit/q70-to-be-rebranded-as-select-bus-service-to-laguardia-airport-1.11919526 ;) - fingers crossed that this will help some CC'ers.

For those going between LGA and Red Hook pier #12 in Brooklyn - the primary route is via BQE ... there are just 2 lanes going north toward the airport at all times (24/7) as one lane has been reversed to allow for 3 split lanes of traffic going toward Brooklyn - road surface are extremely bad and full of potholes on this stretch of S curves and inclines. Unless weather is bad, allow extra 15 minutes to get thru this bottleneck.

View is northbound going toward LGA:

IMG_BQE071_zpsyoc6j9pb.jpg

IMG_BQE051_zps2iuho2nk.jpg

For those riding along to JFK, I-678 or Van Wyck Expwy's long-term construction at the Kew Gardens/Queens Blvd. interchange is still ongoing (10+ years now & counting) and it still flood whenever it rain heavily, resulting in urban flash flooding - in addition to the routine traffic jams.

Keep in mind, before the traffic disaster started, LaGuardia has been in the top 5 for most delayed airports anyway. This just adds to the delays. For this reason, I personally have not flown out of LGA since June and plan on avoiding the airport for all travel. Just remember that the TSA staffing shortage has affected LGA, EWR and JFK so all airports have longer than desirable security lines. Depending on terminal TSA Precheck may or may not be available.

For people arriving, I would suggest day before, but if you fly in day of, I would recommend a flight arriving before 10am. Flights in the morning tend to be more reliable. When there is bad weather, things get progressively worse throughout the day with the late afternoon and early evening being worst. If you are on the first flight of the day to LGA, then odds are you'd be ok with delays. This would also give more time to get to the cruise terminal.

For people leaving from LGA, that is a tough question. Right now the port authority is recommending getting to the airport 2.5 hours early. That's a long time, but all the lines have been bad in addition to traffic. That probably means flying out after 1pm at the earliest, although after 2pm is probably a good idea. Be very careful with connecting flights out of LGA. The airport is very delayed and while they aren't holding flights for late arriving passengers, if you do miss a flight it can be very difficult to find another seat. One caveat is that if you fly Delta Shuttle to Washington or Chicago from the Marine Air Terminal, you can get out quicker since that is a separate terminal that doesn't have as bad of traffic.

I'm not sure who is saying you can't fly from LGA and get to Cape Liberty Cruise Port. Most cruises are on the weekend, and in the morning, the drive should be 1 hour or less. Budget for up to 2 hours for the drive since you have to cross Manhattan, but for the most part, I believe most suggestions against using LGA when going out of New Jersey is that the time and money is not worth it. It's an expensive ride and Newark is a much better option, however you can still do LGA if you leave lots of time. I don't see why you wouldn't make a 3pm or later flight out of LGA. From Cape Liberty, on a weekday in bad weather it can take the same amount of time to get to LGA/JFK as it would to get to Trenton or Philadelphia, which is why it is not recommended.

Newark and JFK haven't really seen any changes. Both airports have mass transit train options. My suggestion would be for a person going to the Manhattan Cruise terminal is that if you are willing to do mass transit, then JFK and EWR are better options. You can grab a taxi to Penn Station or walk about 1 mile to the subway and then have quick easy access to the air trains at either JFK or EWR. You can reliably get to either airport in under 90 minutes. Cape Liberty or Brooklyn don't have as good of public transit options, but car service and taxi options exist.

So, what would be my best option, taking cost, time, and hassle into consideration to get from Manhattan Cruise Terminal to LGA on a Sunday morning (Sunday, 9/11)? We have a 2:30 flight, so I feel good there, but I would prefer not to sit in traffic with the meter running on a cab, car service, or uber.

Edited by ajax6262

So, what would be my best option, taking cost, time, and hassle into consideration to get from Manhattan Cruise Terminal to LGA on a Sunday morning (Sunday, 9/11)? We have a 2:30 flight, so I feel good there, but I would prefer not to sit in traffic with the meter running on a cab, car service, or uber.

Car services such as Dial 7 and Carmel Limo charge a flat rate, as does Uber, although all of them could add a peak hour surcharge or use surge pricing. Only a taxi will have a meter, so avoid taxis and instead use Dial 7, Carmel or Uber. Note however that according to the NY Times article some Uber drivers are avoiding LGA, so it's probably best to book a car service.

Car services such as Dial 7 and Carmel Limo charge a flat rate, as does Uber, although all of them could add a peak hour surcharge or use surge pricing. Only a taxi will have a meter, so avoid taxis and instead use Dial 7, Carmel or Uber. Note however that according to the NY Times article some Uber drivers are avoiding LGA, so it's probably best to book a car service.

Awesome. Thanks! Car service was our plan A anyway, so sounds like we'll just stick with that.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update:

Highway traffic on the Grand Central Parkway around/near LGA airport for the past week has improved, for the most part & staying out of the news - situations inside the airport, once you take the airport exit - including the Marine Air Terminal exit @ 82nd Street/Astoria Blvd coming from I-278/RFJ Bridge or via BQE from Brooklyn or Manhattan via the Queens Midtown Tunnel) - really has NOT improved much.

Constructions & new airport service roadways aren't going to be finished but the general contractor is "on notice" to get their acts together - PA police & local NYPD traffic management operations are watching closely - except that when the roadways are overloaded & overburdened, you can only do so much to move vehicles along. It it still backed up - depending on time of day/day of the week - sometimes better but during peak travel time, barely any improvement. Just allow plenty of extra travel time, pack and travel light if using LGA - be prepared to walk that last 1/8 or 1/4 mile with luggage if you are running behind schedule in making your flight - still have TSA/security to clear and Pre Check lanes aren't always open.

Here's a link to CBS News NY - traffic map/status in real-time ... red is NOT good, scroll around & click on the links to network of camers to monitor traffic flow - if you are familiar with the key highways & exits/airport area by LGA, best on a desktop PC and not on a smartphone or tablet/iPad (hard to navigate, point-n-click, etc.)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/traffic/#new-york

The famous & new Kosciuszko Bridge is still work in progress - daily traffic congestion on the BQE (I-278) between Queens & Brooklyn - both northbound & southbound (or eastbound & westbound) affect commuters & travelers alike - another multi-year State D.O.T. project planned for 20+ years ago that began in 2013. Red alert for those going to/from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal & using LGA airport - heavily traveled with commercial traffic, it is literally bumper-to-bumper especially in poor weather due to lane closure & narrow/twisting S curves due to the bypass under construction, or worst, if there is an accident or vehicle broken down as there is no highway shoulder to pull or move over.

Traffic is light today but NYC public schools will re-open tomorrow and 1 million school children + teaching staff, along with parents will be on the road - as the U.S. Tennis will be closing this weekend. By middle of next week, the annual United Nations General Assembly will convene ... expect the sometimes total gridlock conditions on midtown East & moving roadblocks and closures for VIP motorcades, and full frozen zone when the POTUS come to down to address the world leaders, etc.

The other 411 news - for international travelers using NYC's MTA subways to get around is, free public WiFi has been active in many underground stations in Manhattan and gradually rolling out to elevated (above ground) stations in the outer boroughs (counties) in Queens & Brooklyn soon. The Flushing, Main Street Station in Queens - near the U.S. Tennis Open /Citi Field Stadium nearby - has been "live" with free WiFi underground for a while now. Look for its SSiD - reasonably fast - useful for visitors without data plans needing to do an online search or map lookout, etc. There are no coverage onboard moving subway cars ... yet.

Above ground, primary in midtown Manhattan tourists area - LinkNYC has a network of free WiFi hotspot providing fast broadband access, usb charging port & integrated tablet for searches. It is also active at Jamaica LIRR/AirTrain station area. Nothing at LGA or JFK airport area nor in the WTC/911 Memorial area or South Ferry/Statue of Liberty area ... yet. Use the Find a LinkNYC tab to locate one as needed. These kiosk can be used to call 911 in case of emergencies as those public pay phones are getting converted & harder to find a working one.

https://www.link.nyc/index.html

Has traffic improved since this thread has started ... how much travel time to allow for on next Monday when we depart. [/url]

Short answer: yes and no. This is a long-term, major airport reconstruction for a new main/central terminal building (terminal B), parking & internal roadways.

Traffic on the Grand Central Parkway are moving better for the most part, except rush hour, depending on one's travel time - westbound, going toward Manhattan, the GCP exit for the BQE is always congested with last-minute lane cutters, with virtually no police enforcement. Eastbound coming from Manhattan & Brooklyn, traffic sometimes backing up after Northern Blvd as some are exiting at Marine Air Terminal to try to get to the newly designated Lot 7 (as alternate for the main terminal/T-B ... American, JetBlue, Air Canada) and otherwise slow approaching the main LGA exit ahead once on the GCP going toward Citi Field.

This updated link is LGA's main advisory page - http://laguardiaairport.com/traveladvisories/

The main problem is once you managed to slowly make your way off the highway exits and onto airport ground, the fun begins as it's sometimes bumper-to-bumper. Free airport shuttle buses are caught in the same traffic jams as confused drivers tried to change lanes, follow new signage and/or stopping to drop off passengers with luggage.

The suggested LGA alternate Lot #7 is about 3/4 mile form the main terminal near Marine Air Terminal, near the Hertz rental car lot, on the "other" side of the runway via the service road. The free cell phone Lot #10 for meet & greet is worst, it's one mile plus, next to MAT ... it is truly on the "other" side of LGA airport - a very long walk and/or long & slow ride on the free airport shuttles, subject to traffic jams like everyone else ... including several bus routes. http://laguardiaairport.com/at-the-airport/terminal-maps/

http://laguardiaairport.com/news/changes-to-bus-routesstops-at-laguardia/

This link has all the current/latests/up-to-the-hour "alerts" about airport status, service changes & info such as AirTrain (JFK & EWR only) on scheduled down time & maintenance - http://www.paalerts.com/recent_airportalerts.aspx

This is 511NY - Statewide 511 link for NY - including Metro NYC area.

https://511ny.org/#:MyRoutes

Link to cameras along the GCP - some are close to LGA Airport -

https://511ny.org/list/cctv?start=0&length=10&filters%5B0%5D%5Bi%5D=0&filters%5B0%5D%5Bs%5D=New+York+City+Area&filters%5B1%5D%5Bi%5D=1&filters%5B1%5D%5Bs%5D=Queens&filters%5B2%5D%5Bi%5D=2&filters%5B2%5D%5Bs%5D=Grand+Central+Parkway&order%5Bi%5D=&order%5Bdir%5D=

*** For weekday departure out of LGA, I highly recommend allowing plenty of travel time by highway, etc. to reach the airport 2+ hours before scheduled gate time, as it can take as much as 30 to 60 minutes to make your way from the dropoff point to the TSA checkpoint, plus logistics for checked luggage or just doing carry-ons. Be mindful of smaller regional & turbojets where overhead bins are small & most "carry-on's" are gate-checked during boarding.

Check back later in the week for an update by one of the regular CC using LGA this week/over the weekend. United Nations General Assembly are in session this & next week, avoid midtown East (Manhattan) area for more traffic jams. If you have Waze (free App) installed on your iPhone or smartphone, I highly recommend using it to check ahead & plan to leave earlier as necessary.

Wow. Thanks to both of you! There's a lot of information here. I'll have to digest this a bit. Lol.

Our flight departs at 7p Monday evening and we are tracking back to Chicago. We are staying at the marriott marquis in Times Square. We had planned to leave our bags at hotel after checkout and explore downtown a bit.

Yes, that is what I'm saying. 3:30-7:00 is the height of rush hour. The advice from the New Yorkers is that you have to be near LGA no later than 5 pm to make your flight.

No worries. I got it. Just wasn't sure if you were saying it would be a 3 hour drive. Thanks!

No worries. I got it. Just wasn't sure if you were saying it would be a 3 hour drive. Thanks!

Well if all the traffic gods are angry and it's raining, it could be a long drive. Add in a TSA slowdown and you miss your flight. Basically the current message is don't underestimate how long it could take you to get to LGA.

UN's 71st. General Assembly convened in NYC yesterday and will continue into next week - POTUS was in town briefly yesterday & part of the East Side of Manhattan was a frozen zone in the afternoon, along with massive moving road blocks and heavy security details ... for a private fundraising event. When you land at LGA, you will get the joy of experiencing our airport hospitality ... have patience & make sure you go to use the bathroom first as it can be a slow ride into Times Square.

Ditto for leaving, I would check local news network for traffic alert again on Sunday or Monday (or, whenever you plan to leave/fly out of LGA again, next week or otherwise) - the typical weekday afternoon drive from Times Square to LGA is anywhere from 45 minutes to 75 minutes, could be as much as 90+ minutes ... getting to the airport itself. Most of the commuter traffic are heading home in that direction, plus, you will be joining lots of Mets fan heading for a 7:10 PM home game @ nearby Citi Field, east of LGA (actually, Mets playing at home this Friday evening as well)

Grand Central Parkway will be jammed bumper-to-bumper, guaranteed !! going toward LGA & beyond, no matter which direction you are coming from - via Queens Midtown Tunnel or up the West Side Hwy & across 125th Street to RFK Bridge, etc. (thus, car service over yellow taxi with metered $$ fares for sitting in traffic.)

As for TSA delays at the airport, no surprisingly, 2 out of 3 NYC airports made the top 25 on the list of being the worst with security delays, according to a recent analysis of data by Times - LGA is #3 and EWR is #15 - JFK did not make the short list at all. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3788873/The-airports-likely-delayed-security-checks.html

Keep in mind, that both Presidential candidates have their homes/offices in NYC and will likely be traveling around, in-and-out along with the POTUS campaigning ... plus, he will likely be speaking to the UN General Assembly at some point - these are unexpected but guaranteed to bring traffic to a full stop as their security details move around, without necessary warnings or advance notices to the public.

Leave early enough to assure that you will get into LGA's airport terminal & thru security ... getting to LGA's airport exit is NOT good enough. The traffic jams are all over the airport's service and interior roadways, the drop-off & pickup/meet-n-greet lot is almost a mile from the main terminal (B) ... what airline are you flying with, check the map links above. Good luck & feel free to share your experience here afterward to benefit other CC'rs, safe travel.

Edited by mking8288