Floorplans for new Sky Princess

freetocruise

Does anyone know if the new Sky Princess will be like the Royal and Ruby or will she resemble the Majestic Princess? I noticed that the Emerald Deck is different on the Majestic in that it has mini suites on that deck whereas the Royal/Ruby don't. I'm thinking of booking on the new ship but would like to know which layout she will have.

Does anyone know if the new Sky Princess will be like the Royal and Ruby or will she resemble the Majestic Princess? I noticed that the Emerald Deck is different on the Majestic in that it has mini suites on that deck whereas the Royal/Ruby don't. I'm thinking of booking on the new ship but would like to know which layout she will have.

I think you mean Royal / Regal.

I'm curious too about Sky ... the website says sales open Dec 14 so deckplans have to be out by then.

I think you mean Royal / Regal.

I'm curious too about Sky ... the website says sales open Dec 14 so deckplans have to be out by then.

You're correct. Obviously, too many Princess ships that start with R and too late in the afternoon for my brain to be firing on all pistons.

It is too early.

Don’t you mean the Royal and Regal not Royal and Ruby?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope it isn't like the Majestic. The Majestic has no Crooner's and no Club 6. This would mean no booking for us.

The Majestic was altered for the Asian market. Evidently they are not interested in piano bars, discos, pizzeria, etc but love ping pong, karaoke, etc. I imagine that the Sky will be similar to the Royal/Regal as it will be for the European/America market. I do expect some small changes however as Princess tries new concepts. Some fail like SHARE and no central staircase while others succeed like the skywalk and market place (old HC). Time will tell.

The Majestic was altered for the Asian market. Evidently they are not interested in piano bars, discos, pizzeria, etc but love ping pong, karaoke, etc. I imagine that the Sky will be similar to the Royal/Regal as it will be for the European/America market. I do expect some small changes however as Princess tries new concepts. Some fail like SHARE and no central staircase while others succeed like the skywalk and market place (old HC). Time will tell.

Hope it has an indoor/outdoor Retreat Pool like the Majestic, and my dream would be to replace Princess Live with a nice lounge. To me the TV studio concept is misguided.

Hope it has an indoor/outdoor Retreat Pool like the Majestic, and my dream would be to replace Princess Live with a nice lounge. To me the TV studio concept is misguided.

I would agree with both the covered retreat pool and the worthless TV studio concept. I have been in there several times for presentations that could easily have been in a lounge as no TV was used. Completely useless dedication of space.

I would agree with both the covered retreat pool and the worthless TV studio concept. I have been in there several times for presentations that could easily have been in a lounge as no TV was used. Completely useless dedication of space.

I agree regarding the TV Studio. Uncomfortable seats and it seems cramped and hard to maneuver around.

I also miss Skywalkers and the big open lounge in the back of the ship, but those I can live without.

I understand that Princess has to try new updated concepts.

I agree regarding the TV Studio. Uncomfortable seats and it seems cramped and hard to maneuver around.

I also miss Skywalkers and the big open lounge in the back of the ship, but those I can live without.

I understand that Princess has to try new updated concepts.

What about enclosing the Horizon Terrace as a combination, dining, lounge and evening dance area?

I just received another teaser ad for the Sky. It will feature the CG, Sabatini's (new configuration), Gastro Pub, Slice (pizza) and other unnamed features. However no deck layout as yet.
I read that too and noticed no mention of Alfredo's!! Alfredo's to me, is one of the best perks on the Royal class ships!

I wouldn't complain if the Sky Princess had a Planks specialty restaurant like on the Caribbean Princess.

Being from Texas, having a BBQ restaurant available makes for a "feel-right-at-home" experience. Putting it in the space where the Princess Live Studio is on the Royal and Regal would be a better use of the space in my opinion.

Never tried the chili. If it is true Texas chili, it will have no beans in it.

While I've never had it I would be totally amazed if it bears any resemblance at all to what you would call Texas chili. On our recent cruise on Emerald the PES lounge had "authentic Mexican salsa" a couple of times. Wow. Apparently nobody on the staff has ever actually had Mexican salsa. It was pathetic. Really, really, really pathetic. It was pretty much diced tomatoes with a hint of cilantro. :rolleyes: