NO party?

Redtravel

I am elite plus. I enjoy the meet and mingle events. I have tried many times to register for the meet n mingle party. It cannot find my booking or a party .Cruise is sold out. Has anyone been able to sign up for a party? or is there NO party?

There is a known issue. I can’t sign up for mine either, but have emailed CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com to add me to the list. I did this a few days ago, but haven’t heard back. BTW it doesn’t make any difference what Captain's Club level you are. We all seem to be having a problem.

Phil

Thank you for posting the phone number. For those folks who are not in the US' date=' sending an email to CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com is likely to be the easier approach. When I sent my emails, I included the information requested on the website: reservation number, ship and date of cruise, and our names. As posted by someone else in this thread, requesting a delivery and read receipt is a good idea. Hopefully, the lists are being compiled by the ships for each sailing - and the parties are taking place. It is a nice way to meet people from your roll call. Will find out in 10 weeks if the new low tech registration method is working.

She also gave me a phone number to pass on to "any of my friends" that are also having issues 1-844-418-6824 and that they will be glad to pass on the info to the ships. I hope this works and helps.

I found this in another thread.

Hope it helps.

Does anyone know why this problem is taking so long to resolve?

Has been going on for many months!

The Problem exist since they switched to the new web site, nobody knows when the registration will be available again. Exist two ways to register by phone or by email and cross your fingers to receive the invitation.

I sent a email to Celebrity regarding the Connections Party about the issues registering and got a return phone call this is the info I got.

Per a telephone call with Celebrity since the online registration for the Cruise Critic Connections Party is not working properly every ship will have a Cruise Critic Connections Party no matter how many sign up or try to sign up.

No invitations will be sent out you must go to Customer Relations once on board and they will provide you with the day, time & place of the party.

The link does not work, so for our cruise on Summit last week it showed only 10 people signed up since January, even though from our roll call we knew we had at least 25. I found out the first day that they had posted the meet and mingle on the board after two people asked about it, but they were the only ones who showed up. I was told it was 9:00am the first day. No else came because of course no invitations were sent out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sent a email to Celebrity regarding the Connections Party about the issues registering and got a return phone call this is the info I got.

Per a telephone call with Celebrity since the online registration for the Cruise Critic Connections Party is not working properly every ship will have a Cruise Critic Connections Party no matter how many sign up or try to sign up.

No invitations will be sent out you must go to Customer Relations once on board and they will provide you with the day, time & place of the party.

Thanks for that information.

Phil

It's not really a "party" like the old days. Coffee, tea, juice, pastries and a few officers show up to welcome the crowd. Mostly people from the roll call meeting the people they have organized events/tours with.

It's not really a "party" like the old days. Coffee, tea, juice, pastries and a few officers show up to welcome the crowd. Mostly people from the roll call meeting the people they have organized events/tours with.[/quote

We went on our first Meet and Mingle party on the Solstice about 3 weeks ago. It was not very organised and not many people mingled. In fact, a few members of Cruise Critic said it possibly was the worst one they had been to. The paperwork was in our cabin along with name tags and it was nice to be recognised by the crew as "important" people as we were to tell them if things were not up to our expectations.

And then everyone went their separate ways!

A bit sad....

It's not really a "party" like the old days. Coffee, tea, juice, pastries and a few officers show up to welcome the crowd. Mostly people from the roll call meeting the people they have organized events/tours with.[/quote

We went on our first Meet and Mingle party on the Solstice about 3 weeks ago. It was not very organised and not many people mingled. In fact, a few members of Cruise Critic said it possibly was the worst one they had been to. The paperwork was in our cabin along with name tags and it was nice to be recognised by the crew as "important" people as we were to tell them if things were not up to our expectations.

A bit sad....

On Princess the Meet and Greets are organized by passengers.

The people who have been communicating with each other on their Roll Calls, sometimes for a couple of years, have a vested interest in actually meeting others and putting faces to names.

I've always found those M & Gs to be much more enjoyable and informative than the ones on Celebrity where some poor staff person has to run it every week or every other week and has no connection to anyone there.

A bit sad....

That was our experience on the Reflection and Silhouette. Officers showed up, briefly talked and quickly left. There was very little mingling and only about 1/3 of those cruisers who had signed up actually showed. Most who showed up seemed bored and quickly left. Not sure what they were expecting.

That was our experience on the Reflection and Silhouette. Officers showed up, briefly talked and quickly left. There was very little mingling and only about 1/3 of those cruisers who had signed up actually showed. Most who showed up seemed bored and quickly left. Not sure what they were expecting.

It's always been like this for as long as I've attended them. Very good as a meeting for those on the roll call sharing tours and for saying hello to people you've chatted too there, but I've always found many of the invitees are reticent to meet and mingle. Depending upon the mood I'm in the morning they are held I'd include myself. Celebrity will lay on the room and refreshments and even have some of the officers and crew in attendance, but it's up to the roll callers to make of it as they want. Often I've found them boring and don't stay for long.

Phil

Nice to know it isn't me. Cruise is Millennium March 4 th.

Just seems that Celebrity isn't a fan of cruisecritic meet & mingle parties. The best ever meet & mingle was my first cruise on Azamara in 2009. It was a 14 night cruise with 4 events including food and drinks. Azamara now does 1 event per cruise which is still good. Oceania also has great meet & mingle reception with fabulous food and open bar.

Just seems that Celebrity isn't a fan of cruisecritic meet & mingle parties. The best ever meet & mingle was my first cruise on Azamara in 2009. It was a 14 night cruise with 4 events including food and drinks. Azamara now does 1 event per cruise which is still good. Oceania also has great meet & mingle reception with fabulous food and open bar.

WOW...when did O start that?...I haven't been on board for about 2 years so I guess that's something new? The ones I've been to I had to organize myself as O didn't get involved at all! LuAnn

There is a known issue. I can’t sign up for mine either, but have emailed CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com to add me to the list. I did this a few days ago, but haven’t heard back. BTW it doesn’t make any difference what Captain's Club level you are. We all seem to be having a problem.

Phil

To the OP, I received a reply to my email today saying they had registered me on my behalf, so you may want to try this email address route.

Phil

The CC party will not be at 10.00 am because that is when the Captin and CD make their daily broadcast to the ship. Check the Community noticeboard outside guest relations. If there is a seaday after leaving port try around 9.00 am in the largest lounge available